Chapter 6

"Issei!" Trix barges into the room while yelling. She looks around, only to see him on the bed with no one else in the room, prompting her to run over to him, "You didn't take the injection right?!"

Issei groans as he slowly opens his eyes, "Injection...?" He slurs before closing his eyes again.

"Oh for-" She sighs in irritation before slapping him, making him groan as he blearily opens his eyes.

"I'm up, I'm up... Urgh, I hate needles..." He rubs his eyes while shaking his head. After a few seconds of shaking, he turns to look at Trix, "Oh. Hey."

She sighs while letting her head fall a bit, "That's it? I've – never mind. Tell me did Amiya injected you with something?"

Issei blinks before glancing over to the desk, 'Ddraig, a little help here?'

'Hmmm... Try lying to her about it. I sense a bit of hostility when she said her name.'

'Alright...'

He coughs and glances back to her, "Nope, she didn't."

Trix frowns with her eyebrows squinted as she sits on a nearby chair, "Really? You were mumbling about needles just now."

'I didn't mean lying about not getting injected! I meant about the liquid inside of it.'

'You could have told me you damn gecko!' Issei yells in his mind while his mouth says something else, "Oh right, Amiya did do it but she said it was to boost my internal defenses."

She doesn't say anything, but she does stare at him with a raised eyebrow, making him sweat a bit. After a while, she drops her stare with a sigh.

"Ok. Lucky you since you almost become an addicted worker here."

"...Excuse you?"

She nods, "The workers, and I guess the operators, are under the control of a potent drug that would make them quickly become addicted to it while still retaining their thinking capability, no matter how much they inject themselves. And since R.I is the only place that they can get the drug, they willingly do all sorts of stuff for it and come back for more."

'...Ddraig, is this true?'

'No idea... But, during the moving, it did look like the liquid was trying to... Integrate themselves into the surroundings.'

'...What? Why didn't you tell me that?!'

Ddraig huffs, 'Originally, I wanted to try to research it by myself before telling you. Just to make sure, but now, it's different.'

'Yeah. No shit. We almost got ourselves lost to drugs right off the bat.'

"-that is why I am trying to build a team to stop her." Issei hears at the end, bringing him back to the situation at hand.

"So?" Trix says with a hopeful tone and an eager look.

Issei awkwardly looks away while fidgeting, "Can you repeat please? I was, erm, distracted."

"Ah, yes, excuse me for being too blunt, but I was asking if you would join me in stopping her." She holds out her hand, expecting him to grasp it while her eyes glint.

'I say take her deal since we are in an unknown place, no information, weakling of a partner, and we are alone. Though, from the looks of it, we might be the first one she recruited,'

'Fine,' With that sass talk to Ddraig, Issei nods as he slowly grasps her hand with his. He takes the chance to caress her hand with his thumb, though not for long as Trix quickly takes her hand back.

"Good, I will stop Amiya from trying to do anything to you but for now, go back to sleep since it's already night time." Trix quickly gets up then heads over to the door. She stops then glances back at him, "Remember, don't tell anyone about your power."

Issei flinches as he hears the door close with a bang, 'You just had to be a creep,' Ddraig snorts and Issei could practically see the dragon rolling his eyes.

'I didn't mean to, alright? I am still a healthy seventeen year old guy that only held a girl's hand once.'

'Uh huh, and what did that get you? A spear to your chest and a one-way trip to this world with me being dragged with you.'

'...Look, can we just please move on from that? What's done is done, no need to bring up old wounds, alright? I'm scared shitless here, I miss my parents, my two friends, hell I would rather just get beaten up by the kendo girls for a month than be here. I thought we already talked about this before?'

'...Yes but-'

'Save it. I just want to rest now, so please leave me alone. No training whatsoever.'

'No can do. You-'

'FOR GOD SAKE, LET ME REST YOU DAMNED DRAGON!'

'...' Issei feels the connection between them get blocked, so he sighs as he sinks deeper into the bed. He covers his head with the blanket while his mind replays all of the events over and over.

Tears start to leak out of his eyes as he despondently mutters, "Why me? Why did I get picked? The isekai's never had to deal with this... So why me? Why! Why! Why!" Snot dribbles out from his nose now as he lets out his emotions that he had bottled up.

After a few minutes of crying, he feels himself getting tired, so he closes his eyes with a parting sentence, "Mom... Dad..."

Elsewhere, with Trix, who is lightly smiling with a touch of sadistic as she walks in the hallway, mutters, "First member recruited and someone useful at that." She sees that no one is around her, so her smile stretches even further, "If I can seduce SilverAsh and the rest of the not yet joined operators, then I can control Rhodes Island and have a smooth path to my future of enjoying myself."

She stops in front of a door, "Should be easy enough, even though my plans needed to be altered," She nods to herself, "Yep, easy enough. Even though everything is different here."