3 - Opera House

{CHAPTER THREE}
"Who did this to you?"

After shoving down her feelings, Cordelia and Eloise clambered into the latter's room

After shoving down her feelings, Cordelia and Eloise clambered into the latter's room. They laid sprawled out over Eloise's large double bed. Cordelia was lying on her front, her legs held up in the air. While Eloise was on her side using her elbow to support her head.

They had been discussing a book they had both read, like their own little book club. It was peaceful, which was exactly what Cordelia needed.

In that moment she wasn't concerned with how she looked, how she acted or how she positioned herself. She was free to do as she pleased, as was Eloise.

Behind the door and in Eloise's room was where the two girl truly got to be themselves without facing cruel or malicious judgement.
They buried themselves in books and topics to discuss and challenge each other on. They loved diving into things, forming opinions and voicing them, something they didn't get to do in society.

Eloise was constantly sneaking peeks at Cordelia as they read in silence. She had been wanting to pester her all about her travelling but she instantly spotted the girls hesitance to say anything. The few questions that Eloise had asked were answered with simple and one worded replies.

Cordelia was growing annoyed, having felt eyes on her while she was trying to enjoy the book. In an attempt to be subtle and catch Eloise out, Cordelia watched Eloise and waited for her to next glance at her.

As soon as Cordelia caught her, Eloise's eyes widened and she tried to conceal it by looking over at the painting behind Cordelia's head.

Cordelia exhaled deeply, eyes still staring at Eloise. Eventually Eloise looked back at her and smiled sheepishly. "I'm just curious." She admitted, putting her book down on the bed and using her palms to push herself up.

"About?" Cordelia trailed off unsure as to what Eloise wanted to know. Had she noticed the tension between Anthony and herself? Or was it a different subject entirely?

Eloise paused, preparing herself to watch every feature of Cordelia's to gauge her true feelings. "Your trip." Elsie answered, "Was it all we hoped for?" She questioned with interest, wishing it to be all that they had dreamed of.

Cordelia forced a smile, using a feather to keep her place in the book before shutting it. "Indeed it was." She responded, trying to keep her voice light and happy.

Eloise narrowed her eyes at Cordelia. It seemed the blonde had forgotten how well Eloise knew her. While most don't pick up on Cordelia's tells, she could. And the majority of the time when Cordelia used the word 'indeed' she was either lying or being sarcastic.

"Cordy." Eloise muttered lowly, hinting that she knew something was up.

"Wheezy?" Cordelia mimicked her, using Eloise's nickname.