Chapter 6 ~ Get out of there, princess.

<<Layken's POV>>

I wake up to the sound of boxes being moved around. What the hell? I sit up. This isn't my room. Where was I? "Where am I?" I ask whoever is in the room with me. My head hurts like a thousand needles have punctured my brain.

I rub my eyes, and I look over in front of. "Our room." I blink once. And then I blink again. What? "Good morning, by the way. Thought I should mention." Drops of water drip from the devil's hair in front of me.

Shit. "Good morning." That should've been the first thing I said. Have I always been that insensitive? My eyes begin to drag themselves down his body, I notice how he's in nothing, but a towel.

Toned abs, to where each and every crevice is clear. His body is damp, and his dirty blonde hair has gone darker. He's moving boxes from one side of the room to the other, walking back and forth, and his muscles flex with each box he carries.

That sharp jaw, and that concentrated look on his face was enough to make me go from still asleep to feeling like running around in circles. I look down at myself, but I'm in only a shirt. I lift up the blanket just to make sure, and I was right.

Did we...? Shit. My hand flies to my mouth with a slap, and that was enough to catch the devil's attention in front of me. He seemed to notice the look on my face, but then turns back to continue whatever the hell he's doing.

"Relax, princess. We did nothing, if that's what you think." His voice has gone deeper. Did he change me? Shit. Shit. Shit. I feel my head begin to sway, and my vision goes from what I thought was clear to black. "Mom." I manage to say. "I need my mom." I say again.

But when I don't see her run towards me with my bottle of pills, I only panic more. She isn't here, Layken. God, that only makes it worse. Where is she? Where was my mommy? She was supposed to be here, right? Mommies were always supposed to be with their daughters.

I tried to scream. I screamed so loud. But they only turned into cries. Thousands and thousands of thoughts, dragging me further and further away from hope. Tears trickled from my eyes. I'm never getting out never getting out never getting out.

I couldn't hold it any longer. I screamed, and I screamed as loud as my little lungs allowed me. Screamed until my throat was raw and I felt like I would pass out. I thrashed my arms, but I couldn't move. I thrashed my legs, but I still couldn't move.

Ropes. Tape. Chains.

I cried harder, not physically, because I couldn't tell the difference between crying and existing anymore, but in my heart. Where was my mommy? And she had been there, watching me, until she hadn't. Or maybe she did.

But where? Mommy where are you? The blackness was coming. I saw it, felt it, and then it happened. My brain went fuzzy, and my eyes drooped. I didn't have the energy to scream anymore, so I mouthed the word one last time.

"Mom."

<<Dream's POV>>

"Mom." I hear her say. Shit. Shit. Shit. "I need my mom." I haven't prepared myself for this. God dammit, Dream. Of course, you didn't prepare, this isn't something you prepare for, it just happens. Fuck.

I drop the box in my hands, and I rush over to the table to grab her pills, before rushing back to her. "Layken." She can't hear me. Do something, Dream. She's crying, staring into the distance at nothing. "Layken." I say louder, but nothing. I try to bring myself to last night.

God, what did she say? What did her mother tell me?

If she can't hear you, you're going to have to wait it out.