Chapter 8 ~ The Realms.

~Layken's POV~

I had woken up on the bed this morning. I'm not quite sure why, but it obviously has something to do with Dream. He glanced at me this morning with a look on his face before he left for training. It was like he was trying to tell me something, but couldn't get it out of his mouth.

"How would you like your hair, Your Royal Highness?" Bridget asks from behind me. I assume she's working for the palace, but with our upcoming news report, they insisted I looked my best. She's been doing a lot quite recently, especially with me around. The ball, this news report. What's next?

Hopefully not the wedding.

"Whatever you suggest would be fine." I answer, and she grabs onto both my shoulders giving me a slight nod through the mirror. I've been thinking for the last few minutes about it, and I can't help, but wonder what questions I'd have to answer.

It isn't the first time I've been on the news. Back in Everlyn we used to do these kinds of things all the time. But something builds up my nervousness. The ones we did in Everlyn were usually about the holidays. A special program. An organization. Or just your typical news.

This one's different. I'm in Sylvian, not Everlyn. I'm not going to be sat on the side as my mother and father spoke about your typical news in front of the camera. I wasn't going to just wave, or greet the cameras, I was going to be the spotlight, speaking behind live cameras.

I was going to talk about my fiancé. I was going to talk about the devil. I was going to talk about the stupid fuckface I have to marry. And he was going to do the same. He was going to talk about me, and what I'm like.

What we plan on doing. What we plan for Sylvian. Would we be good for the kingdom? What were our intentions? Is Sylvian in good hands? Will our wedding be viewed by the public? So many goddamn questions that could easily determine our tomorrow.

What if Sylvian decides they don't want me for queen? What would I do then? Would I go back to Everlyn husbandless? That sounds nice, I thought. But it definitely wouldn't be good for my image.

Princess of Everlyn, rejected by the Sylvian Empire.

Maybe it really isn't good after all. Today I'd face Dream. I fidgeted my hands at the thought. My parents could be watching. The whole of Everlyn could be watching as well. Of course, they'll be watching. Their princess is finally getting married.

This isn't going to end well.

<<Time skip>>

"Nervous?" Queen Amanda asks me. She'd walked into the makeup studio as soon as I finished getting ready, and had offered to escort me to the newsroom. "A little." That's a lie. I wasn't just a little nervous.

I could already feel the floor fall beneath me. It no longer feels like I'm walking on steady ground, but instead feels like I'm walking on a moving boat. The floor moves up and down, and the room begins to spin.

Shit, shit, shit. I remember the last time I was behind cameras. It didn't end very well. We eventually make it to the newsroom, but I still can't help, but feel like falling on my knees. We haven't even started yet.

I should tell someone.

No, I shouldn't.

Yes, I should.

Mom. Where's my mom? Fuck. "I think it's a pretty nice wall, too." I nearly trip on nothing. I turn my head away from the wall to face the devil. How long has he been there? He turns to face me, and takes out his arm without another word.