Chapter 17 ~ And that was all it took to explode my world.

~Layken's POV~

I don't show him what I want just yet.

"What are you thinking, Dream?" He had a hand cupping my face. A hum rose in his throat, the sound deep and husky. It shot straight to my chest. "I'm thinking that you want me to kiss you." My blood swirled at his words, turning thicker.

I do. I want you to kiss me again.

"And I'm also thinking that if I don't do it soon, I might lose my goddamn mind." The palm that was cupping my face fell, and a finger trailed down the length of my arm. I didn't speak. I didn't think I could.

His gaze traveled down my throat, leaving a path of shivers on my skin. "But I was serious when I told you not to let me do that again." He stepped closer, the tips of his shoes grazing my feet, our bodies almost touching.

I braced my hands on his arms, not trusting myself anymore, seeing as how I was shaking. How I trembled upon his gaze. "Do you know now, Layken?" The tip of his nose grazed across my temple, making my breath hitch. "Do you know what this means?"

His lips flicked along my cheek, making my back arch, my shoulders coming flush against the wall right next to the bathroom door behind me. My lips parted and my answer stuck somewhere in my throat.

He released a shaky breath, his body tight with restraint. "Answer me." His forehead came to rest on mine, and I watch his eyelashes hide those jade eyes I'd gladly drown in of he let me. He inched closer, his lips almost coming against mine.

"Put me out of my misery, Layken. Give me permission to kiss you." He gritted out, cupping the back of my head with his cold hand. My heart. My poor damn heart, lost at the desperation in his voice.

"Kiss me, Dream." I told him breathlessly. "Show to me what you were thinking."

A deliriously low growly left his mouth. That's when I knew I've just unleashed a beast. And before I could even process how the sound had seeped deep, deep inside of me, Dream's lips were already on mine. He kissed me as if he had been starving for an eternity.

Just like a creature meant to devour me. His hard body coming against mine, desperately seeking anything I'd give him. Our lips opened, raving each other's mouths, while his large palms roamed down my sides. Down, down, down they went, stopping below my waist.

My hands flew to his chest, and I relished how hard it felt, how warm, how perfectly solid and just for me. My heart kicked against the walls of my own chest, and a sound crawled up my throat when I felt Dream's heart to the same against my fingertips.

Dream, Dream, Dream.

My mind seemed to chant as my body went on sensory overload. His hands roamed over the fabric of my clothes, coming around me, dragging my back, all while his tongue wrestled with mine. His touch sent more and more heat to pool between my legs.

His lips left mine and he was breathing just as violently as I was. Without wasting a moment, his mouth landed on a spot between my jaw and my neck. Looking up at the ceiling, I bared my throat for him. Another whimper left me, carried away by his groans.

"That sound." He breathed into my skin. "That sound in driving me insane." Insanity. It was what pumped in our veins. He kissed a path up my throat, veering for my ear, leaving small nips that left my blood raging. Thundering across my body.

"Hold onto me, princess." In a swift move, he picked me up from the floor, my legs going around him and my arm, wrapping righting around his neck. Somewhere in the back of my head, I worried about the fabric of my dress, about it not being thick enough so it'd let him feel me.