Chapter 10 ~ You're way out of your league.

~Layken's POV~

The sun has now fully set, and we're stood by the dock right behind the house, looking over the lake. God, this place is beautiful. Though it's quite a waste. Why'd they abandon it? The place has overgrown, and dust coats the whole house like a blanket. At least the lake's still fine.

Actually, I take that back. The lake is perfect. There's one huge willow tree across the water, and I can't help, but wonder how old that tree must be. I don't know much, but for a tree that big, it's probably really old. I wonder if fish still lurk around here.

"You and Dream had an interview earlier?" Nick asks from next to me. I nearly forgot about him. Why is he saying it like he wants to remind me of it? Maybe he just wants to make small talk. I really don't want to talk about that interview right now.

"We did." I say, using a tone I'd normally use when I don't want to talk about something, dragging my words. Let's just hope he catches on. "Shit." He mutters, running his palm down his face. "I didn't know it was today." He groans into his hands, distressed.

Did he want to watch? Be in it? Make fun of me or his best friend? Either way he'd probably be too busy stealing roses from George. "How'd it go?" He asks me right after his little temper tantrum. God, I really don't want to talk about this right now.

"Uhm... It was good, I guess." It wasn't a total lie. The worst thing that could've happened was if I were to faint right in front of all those live cameras. I can only imagine the look on everyone's faces. Let alone Dream's. I should thank him for that pill.

It grows silent, so I clear my throat to ease the tension. "You're from Kinoko Kingdom, right?" I turn to face Nick. I don't know why I'm asking this. That was a stupid question, and he knows it. Obviously, I know where he's from. He nods, and I put on a fake grin.

I probably look lost, but I'm willing to talk about anything else. Just not that interview. "What about George?" I've only met George once before today. That was during the ball. But our conversation was as good as one with a waiter. It was a mere hello and goodbye.

"We're neighbors. He's from The Dream SMP." My mouth drops. The what? Nick chuckles and it's probably because of the look I have on my face. Did Dream and George switch kingdoms in their sleep? "It's a little confusing, but it's been like that for quite some time now, and is honestly still a mystery to us." Nick smiles like it's the biggest joke in history.

"We think the WasTaken's ancestors had used to live there, hoping for a kid named Dream in the future." I can't help, but smile as well. It's a stupid theory, but I can see it happening. "We're still trying to figure out how they got here." I guess I could say George comes from hell.

Without the devil of course. He's in a whole different kingdom, and I happen to be in it. "What about Celeste?" I don't know what it is about her, but I'm curious. "Are you neighbors with her too?" I ask. There's something in me that burns for Celeste. Probably hatred.

I barely even spoke to her today. Why would I feel that way? Maybe it's the same thing with Dream. I hated him before I even met him. Is it like that with Celeste too? "No, we picked her up on the way here." I hum. Makes sense. She probably lives closer to Sylvian.

I wonder how long they've known her. She seems like such a black sheep when she's around them, and not because she's a girl, but something else I don't quite see like they do. I sigh. I should probably stop making assumptions. I shouldn't be judging someone's friendship over one little photo she wasn't in.

Though it's clear how the boys have known each other way longer than they've known her. I wonder where she was back then. Maybe they didn't know her yet. But who knows? She could've been the fish Dream, Nick and George were holding in that photograph.