Part 8- truths untold

Later in the day you're in the common room watching the news, boring you know, but with Oksana not here to 'parent' you, you're trying to act responsible. You have been in the shower and had some breakfast already while the avengers are busy doing their own morning training. It is nearly noon by the time the group all gather in the common room.

"So, double agent 2.0" Tony comes over to the couches where you're sat, you pull your brows together slightly at his comment, double agent 2.0? you assume by the face Natasha pulls along with the playful yet annoyed eyeroll she gives Tony, double agent is a nickname he has used for her.

"Red room..." he slumps down onto the couch, looking across to you, "you say it's been active all this time, yet we can't find any trace of it" the others gather around, "well you won't, their deep underground"

"So where is their base?" Steve interjects, "I don't know, I have been with hydra for the past few years, and besides that, every widow is sedated on entrance and exit for maximum security"

"Convenient" Bucky mumbles from his judgment seat across the room, his gaze harshly attached to you. You cock your head over towards him, "what about you Mr Barnes?"

"What about me?" he sighs, almost ready for the turn around in focus, "well, it has been over a decade since your team last heard of the red room, but you know that not to be true" you smile slightly knowing he isn't the only one who knows of the red rooms present day existence.

He narrows his eyes to you, "you only got out of hydra earlier this year correct? well the red room has had personnel within hydra for a lot longer than that, some of which you've even had personal dealings with" you raise your voice slightly as you end your sentence, tilting your head slightly, uneased on why he hasn't told the team that the red room is still active, "I wonder why you would keep your experience with us widows a secret?"

Steve clears his throat to bring the attention back onto him, filling the tension quickly connecting you both, "we don't talk about Bucky's past with hydra"

"Hmm, maybe you should"

"What is that supposed to mean?" he counters defensively, you shrug off his comment as you turn over to Natasha, thinking back to your conversation the other night whilst training.

"Anyway, if the red room is still active, like you're so adamant about, then we need to stop them before they endanger any more lives" you scoff a little as a smile unconsciously sweeps onto your face, you shake your head softly side to side as Steve looks at you, sceptical, "you really think you'd have a chance?"

Crossing his arms professionally, Steve moves his stance to face you better, "the red room has connections everywhere" you emphasise, "even if you manged to find Dreykov" you stand up, "you wouldn't have a prayer, the widows have been training on a different program to Natasha for years. Nothing you have ever faced will match up to them"

"And are you one of these connections" Bucky asks in a low, accusing tone, turning his head slightly towards you, his look still stone cold.

"No"

"But you can help us, right?" Steve asks, taking a seat next to Bucky, "you know how they move, operate, everything about them, you can give us an advantage"

You shake your head, "you're not listening Rogers, you..." you point at him before moving your hand around the room, "your little team here, you can't defeat them"

"We've defeated hydra"

You scoff, "really?" you look over towards Bucky who is still staring daggers into you, "you think cause you got hydra's main weapon on your side they'll just crumble and hide underground"