Part 1- mystery houseguest

Blacked out trees and building blur through your vision as your legs sprint at an inhuman pace. Just one foot after the other, your brain telling your legs to just move one at a time, any movement being better than none.

Landmarks and nature come and leave your sight within seconds of each other as you run down the empty streets of New York. One street after another, you just keep running.

You have to get away.

It's your number one priority.

You simply cannot stop.

You have to keep running, crawling, moving, anything.

If you stop they will get you.

They will capture you.

Hydra will have you in their control once again.

Run.

Just Run.

You keep saying those same words over and over again in your head, just run... run... run.

Your mind is unable to process your surroundings, your heart thumping violently as your feet throb in sync with one another.

You're so out of breath each time you inhale it feels like you're swallowing razor blades all the way down into your lungs.

Your stomach radiates an unthinkable pain with each step. Each time your foot smashes onto the pavement, vibrations are sent up through your legs, causing the bones and muscles to tense in excruciating torment.

It doesn't matter how much pain you're in, you will have to drop dead in the street if you're going to stop. After all, you're so close.

So close.

You run up the mile long driveway to the avengers compound, eventually having the satisfaction of banging your fist as hard as your body can manage on the front door, your hand numbing from the frost.

Nothing.

You pound your fist against the door again, this time you keep going, looking around frantically in your darkened surroundings, paranoia swiftly settling in.

The door flings open so fast you almost fall over the threshold, "can I help you Miss?" a low toned voice begins to ring through your ears. You look at the tall man as tears begin to cloud your vision, he is tall and well built, he has dirty blonde hair and blue eyes. It's Steve Rogers.

You sigh a long needed breath out, something somewhere in between relief and exhaustion; although your lungs are so dry that to Steve and any other listeners you just sound like you're panting, unable to catch your breath.

"Nat- Natasha" you look up at him, "I need Natasha" you stumble forwards a little bit, your legs feeling numb. Instinctively you place your hand on Steve's chest to steady yourself, your mind not being able to process anything else, to check for dangers.

"Hey, hey," Steve grabs you in his arms as you stumble towards him, "Natasha, I need Natasha" is all you manage out as you try to find your balance on your aching feet before your knees give out from underneath you and you feel yourself starting to slowly loose consciousness.

Until there's nothing.

"Shit" Steve utters to himself as he picks you up bridal style, shutting the door with his leg, "BRUCE!" he shouts through the compound, Steve and Bucky were the first ones down to the door due to already being awake, the others only shortly behind them.

"Didn't know you were one for late night hook ups Rogers" Tony sleepily walks into the room, rubbing some sleep from the corners of his eyes, "shut up Stark, this is not the time"

Steve hurries through the room, a deep routed concern settling in, his natural concern for those in danger taking over his natural instinct for cautiousness around your strange presence.

"What did she want?" Bucky speaks hesitantly, not liking the situation at all. He watches closely as Steve brings you over to the couch, placing you down and gently placing his fingers on the gape of your neck, feeling for a pulse.

"She was asking for Natasha then she just collapsed" Bruce and Tony come swiftly to investigate, Bruce naturally begins assessing you for any injuries.

"She's looking for me?" Natasha is the next to speak, cautiously walking over towards the commotion. As she nears the back of the couch, her stance softens and her voice breaks when she sees you laying lifeless, broken and battered before her. Your hair is messy, greasy and tangled as it spreads out over the leather couch cushions. Your skin is sickly pale with dark circles outlining your eyes. Your lips are pale and cracked, your body bruised, "y/n...?"

"You know her?" Bucky spits out, almost not wanting the logical answer, his tone of voice on edge, not taking his eyes off of you, "yeah... yeah I do" Natasha's frozen, watching in shock as you begin to stir from the movements around you.

"Get her up Rogers, bring her down to the lab" Steve does as asked, carefully picking up your fragile body, holding his hand firmly on your rib cage and the sides of your knees to keep you steady.

Natasha follows after them, walking up to you as you begin to slowly fade back into consciousness, "нэт..." you breathe out hoarsely, reaching out your hand, Natasha takes it without thinking.

"Тебе нужно идти (you need to go), he's coming" you struggle out, your eyes rolling to the back of your head as you fight with everything in you to stay awake.

After the group all rushing down to the lab, Steve places you down on the medical bed as Bruce hurry's to begin his assessments for any visible wounds, "what's your name?" Bruce asks, shuffling everyone to take a few steps back as he makes his way around the bed.

"Y/n" you breathe out, trying to sit up but failing as your body pathetically collapses back down onto the bed, "okay y/n, are you hurt, bleeding?"

You don't reply, instead your head lolls to the side, your eyes looking around the room until they meet Natasha's gaze. Suddenly all the pain in your stomach, chest and feet disperses, your main priority being the woman in front of you who's not been seen by you in what feels like a lifetime, "Nat you need to- he's coming" your words become a pained whisper as you once again black out, your mind drifting into the dark abyss.

"Who's coming" Bruce asks a little forceful, hoping you would somehow hear him and answer.

Frustrated, confused and concerned, Bucky walks over to the computers on Tony's desk, bringing up the security footage of the compounds perimeter, "see, this is the exact thing that I was worried about Steve?!" he snaps, looking angrily at you over his shoulder, "relax, Buck, everything is fine"

Bucky simply shakes his head, turning his attention back to you as he straightens his stance, holding his head high and shoulders back, ready to defend himself if he needs to.

Bucky has been on edge recently, hydra's activity has been unusually quiet, suspiciously quiet; and his nerves and paranoia have been getting the better of him. Your sudden appearance to the compound in the middle of the night, unsettles him, something doesn't feel right.

It's like a part of his subconscious is yearning to tell him something, he just can't hear what it is.

But no matter how Natasha knows you or what his gut feeling is trying to say, he is almost certain, it is telling him not to trust you; under any circumstance.

——⧗——

Part one to my Bucky x y/n enemies to lovers, what do y'all think?

Reading back on this story, it's more of a one sided enemies to lovers, and even then it moves on from that very quickly. Oops, hope you guys enjoy regardless :)

Please don't forget to vote and comment anything, I love reading your comments and I am here to answer any questions and look into your ideas and thoughts.

Stay safe <33