Part 31- what am I going to do with you?

A couple hours later you've just gotten out of the shower when you hear a knock at your door. You grab some joggers, underwear, a bra and a tank top from your dresser before shouting, "come in" and heading quickly back into the bathroom before anyone can see you in the rented white towel that barely covers your ass.

"I'll be out in a second" you shout through the small gap in the doorway, quickly patting your legs dry once more before pulling on your clothes.

When you leave the bathroom you're met with Bucky gingerly sat on the edge of your bed, "you said I could look at your wound?" he blurts out, hinting down towards your abdomen.

You smile nodding your head before gesturing towards the bathroom.

Bucky follows you in, waving his hand in an indication for you to jump up on the counter, which you do.

You find yourself taking note of his appearance. His own dark grey jogging bottoms sit loosely around his hips, a black shirt that is defiantly a few sizes too small, trying and failing to fit his broad shoulders into it.

You lean your back against the mirror behind you, lifting up your tank to reveal your wound, Bucky visibly cringes at the sight, "thought you all got medical training"

Is he... laughing?

"Hey" you scold him as he damps a wash cloth before opening the first aid kit he brought in with him, "it's not too bad" you pout, looking down to your attempted stitching.

In all honestly, it's atrocious. You're very disappointed in yourself for the rushed job that will likely cause an infection some point down the line.

"No bad?" he raises an eyebrow towards you, "I think I'd rather bleed out than have you try to patch me up"

You laugh involuntary at his banter, it soon stopping and turning to a wince as he gently cleans around the wound.

"It hurt?" he asks softly, you only nod your head in response, biting down hard on your lip to stop from crying out.

"I should probably redo these stiches, may ease the pain a little" he offers, looking up to you for a response.

You hesitate for a moment but eventually give in. Bucky was always the one to stitch up your wounds back in hydra; he did a damn good job too. You hardly ever felt any pain or discomfort and they always healed well, leaving only a small scar if it leaves one at all.

You watch intently as he lays out a few medical supplies, bandages, cotton buds, alcohol wipes and a few needles before washing his hands thoroughly in the sink.

You watch him thread the needle before lifting your legs up onto the counter, laying down along the marble top.

You take a deep breath, placing your arm behind your head, closing your eyes to try and relax. You hate needles.

You feel Bucky move your shirt up a little before he begins to slowly take out your stiches, weary of your discomfort.

"So, you planning to stay here?" he asks after noticing your heavy breathing in an attempt to distract you.

Part of you is confused by his efforts, does he remember something after all? or is he just trying to be nice? is he trying to get something out of you? is this a ploy to get information from you?

Maybe you're just being paranoid, but what's that saying? fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

You're not going to give Natasha a second chance to stab you in the back.

"No" you answer simply, your thoughts soon wondering off.

"Where will you go then?" he inquires again, an innocent curiosity in his tone.