Part 15- a venture inside

"No" you smile slightly in shock, "no, no thank you"

"Come on y/n" Natasha pleads, "no, no one's looking through my mind" you lock your eyes with Natasha's, not wanting the group to see anything you've experienced, especially certain members.

"Why? You got something to hide?" Bucky questions, walking over to you, "come on it's an invasion of privacy" Steve tries to argue your side.

Your breathing quickens as you become increasingly anxious, "look all I'm saying is she's having nightmares, what's to say those nightmares aren't of what hydra are holding against her?"

"Who's to say that it is!" Steve raises his voice, annoyed by the leap Tony has taken to justify his reasoning.

"Come on, prove me wrong" he holds his hands up in surrender before pointing over to Bucky, "at the very least it can get terminator to back off, I'm fed up with him coming to me with theories on an imposter"

You shake your head as Wanda approaches you, "there's no reason for you not to do this"

"There's every reason" you glance between Natasha and Bucky frantically, hoping they will understand the type of horrors that can subside in someone subconscious.

"Come on Stark it's an invasion, Buck?" Steve turns to his friend almost in a plead, knowing he would be the first to deny something similar happening to him.

Bucky just shrugs his shoulders, he knows it's not the right thing to do but his gut feeling is telling him to go along with it.

"I'll go first" Natasha offers, stepping forwards, "what? No" Steve is clearly frustrated at her willingness to go along with this ridiculous plan.

"I have nothing to hide, y/n, we don't care what you've done, we just need to be sure"

Wanda walks up to Natasha and places her finger tips on her temple, "just relax Nat"

A few moments pass before a vision appears in front of you, you recognise where you are... the red room.

"You'll break them" a young Natasha speaks as she looks on with a blank expression to a young group of widows dancing, "only the breakable ones" the older woman beside her replies hauntingly casually.

There's a white flash before you're watching another memory. Natasha is stood upright with a gun pointed directly at a target, she fires three shots, each of them going directly into the bullseye, suddenly the target flickers onto a person, tied to a chair with a bag over their head, she shoots again, mercilessly without hesitation.

Another white flash appears, Clint is now walking forward as Natasha silently follows. Suddenly Clint turns around, drawing his bow, Natasha grabs his arm to stop him, he fires an arrow forward before Natasha pushes the bow down.

Clint turns his body around, bending over and bringing his foot back to kick Natasha harshly in the stomach.

Clint then swings for Nat, missing her, as Clint turns his body around Natasha slips through the gap in the floor, going under the bridge they are fighting on to the other side as Clint cautiously stands on guard.

As Clint peers down the gap at the floor, Natasha comes up from the other side, grabbing the railing as she uses her core strength to bring her legs through the gap in the railing, kicking Clint heavily as he stumbles back.

Clint draws his bow, aiming at Natasha's feet as she swings around a pole to her right, dodging his arrow.

She jumps onto another platform at the other side of the hallway as Clint follows. They exchange in some close quarter hand to hand combat. Natasha and Clint both remain calm, however their fight portraits a cesspool of emotions.