Part 24- the last one

You stand in the hallway with the file in you hands, unsure on what to do.

You can leave, he said so himself.

But if Dreykov is right about one thing, this place is home, no matter how toxic it is, it is all you really know.

You look up towards where Dreykov disappeared to, frozen in sight disbelief, unsure on what to do.

You bite your lip nervously as your hand heavily drops to your side.

You sigh as you turn your head behind you, watching as the door opens to reveal a group of young widows chatting and laughing as they make their way into the dining hall.

A few minutes go by before you force your legs to move, you head down the corridors you know all too well.

As a child these halls seemed to stretch for miles, but know you seem to be in a doll house.

When you got into the sleeping quarters you head down to the bottom of the long corridor, taking your time to glance at the doors on either side of you.

'вдова Drozdov'

'вдова Krovopuskov'

'вдова Lagunov'

'вдова Krupin'

'вдова Mikhailov'

'вдова Novikov'

You stop in your tracks a little when you come across a name that causes a familiar pain in your chest, 'вдова Oksana (widow Oksana)'.

You clear your throat as you move to stand outside the next room, your room. You hold your wrist out in front of the little keypad at the side of the door.

A red light appears as it scans down the length of your wrist before an unlocking sound came from the door.

You slowly enter, flicking on the light switch as you take a look around.

There's a pillow neatly followed by a thin blanket placed in the right corner as you walk in, in front of the doorway.

There's a desk towards your left which has some old, bloodied bandages that you and Oksana were using your last night here.

There's a chain in the wall, about head height that would often be used to keep you awake through the night after something disobedient occurred.

On the wall in front of you they're slight dents and holes in the wall from where various fists, bullets and knives had impacted throughout the years.

Above the head of your bed was a heavily used target, the head and chest area had been shot that many times the paper was completely gone.

And on the right wall next to your bed was again, a bunch of tally's that had eventually been forgotten about over the years.

You walk in and shut the door, placing the file on the desk before scooping up the mess you had left and place it in the trash.

It's beginning to get late but you aren't tired yet, so you make your way out of your room and back down the endless loop of corridors.

"I almost didn't believe it!" Val comes up and wraps her arms around your body.

She holds you close for a few moments before pulling away, holding your arms in her hands, "my god, you're back" she smiles widely, "I'm back" the words felt foreign in your throat and you're sure your face grimaced as you said them.

Val just stands there smiling at you for a few moments before she pulls you to walk beside her, "I've got to be honest, I thought this would be the time you don't make it back" she says in a serious tone.