Part 13- something you regret

"Get your ass in gear Stark!" you order sternly, raising your voice upon seeing how uncooperative Tony is being.

You had ultimately decided to help the group in some of their training. You have your worries, but you think it is best to give it a shot, after all, if they do find themselves head to head with Dreykov and his armies, you want them to at least have a fighting chance. At the very least you think exposing them to the level of training may cause them to become more cautious when they evidently do decide to attack Dreykov.

"You know, capsicle" Tony breathlessly remarks as he gets back into position, "this is one of the worst ideas you've had do date"

"Shut up" you interrupt the group with your hands on your hips before any more commentary can be made, "you said you wanted my help this is how we do it!"

You're outside the Avengers compound with Tony, Steve, Bucky, Sam, Clint, Natasha, Wanda and Thor. Each avenger is hanging from a tree branch with solely their arms, except from Bucky, who Tony made hang by his feet due to the unfair advantage of his metal limb.

Each of them look bare, without their suits or gear, just in plain joggers, sweats, trousers and t-shirts of their own choosing. Natasha has managed to convince Thor into wearing some more Earth appropriate clothes, and when I say convince, I mean attack with.

The whole compound erupted from the sound of Thor's screeching like a little girl a few hours prior to now. Wanda had used her powers to keep him still and remove his Asgardian armour from him while Natasha dressed him in some of Steve's attire.

You're now stood on the floor watching them all struggle to hold onto the branches, even Bucky's legs keep shifting uncomfortable as he tries to keep his knees tightly gripped around the branch. Breathless panting and laboured breathing fills the air as you watch.

To be quite honest you're more concerned that the branches holding both the super soldiers and the God up will break before they lose their grip. As for the others, their mental resilience is less than adequate.

"Tell me again why this is necessary?"

"It builds mental strength, strengthening the mind is the first step you all need to take if you're going to have a chance against the wid-"

Thud

"Ow!" Tony exclaims, you look over to see Tony flat on his ass, rolling your eyes so much so you fear they'll become stuck, you release a heavy, agitated sigh as you run your temples, lord help me.

"This is never going to work" you mutter to yourself, looking around at the others. You shake your head as the ideas slowly drain out of your brain, one by one each individual drop down, some from exhaustion, or their version of it, and some just copying the others.

Bucky has to be the exception and preform an overexaggerated flip, earning a few sighs.

"Look the bottom line is" you walk closer to the group, "these widows will literally fight until you stop them, until they die" you emphasis, trying desperately to make them understand, "doesn't matter how tired or weak they get they will not stop" you turn over to the others, trying to hint at the half arsed dead hanging session you just witnessed, "you need to be able to push your bodies needs to the side and focus over that"

"That is not how we do it" Steve steps forward, having recovered his breath much faster than the others, "well that's how they do it" you counter, ignoring his bossy Captain America stance.

"We're not mindless robots" Tony comments, taking you back a little bit, "Tony!"

"Stark"

"Come on that's not right" the group each try to override what he just said.