Chapter 1 Food

Note: please remember the notes ahead of this chapter about the warning and the stuttering.
Also want to say that I'm not going to be going by the show that much. Things are going to be changed up, a lot. So please don't hate me.

Chapter 1 Food

Third person pov.

“Ok Coby you have to at least finish th-th-” “the-that half of your cheese toast, k?”

Ray rushes around the house getting everything put away, cleaned up and packed for the day.

It was great their mom came back home for the day and night with groceries and take out for her and her kids, but when that twenty-four hours hit, she left a mess and a note saying she’ll be back in a couple of weeks and how she left the money for the bills on top of the fridge.

So when Ray was able to get up this morning instead of just getting ready for the day, getting Coby started for the day, and getting breakfast made; and snacks and lunches made for the two, she had to do all that plus clean up the mess her mom made, and her mother made a mess in almost every room there was and not just a small mess, but a big one. Some disgusting messes too… 

She would have made snacks and lunch last night like she planned, but she never planned her mom coming in and acting like a mother for once. So she was distracted and ended up leaving everything to do for the last minute.

Coby looks away from his cheese toast to his older sister that he could really consider his mom, "I-I-I I know I-i'm trying" his cute little stuttering voice came over the loudness of Ray's fast footsteps. "Good kiddo. After th-that you have to make sure you b-b-brush your teeth,”

"Uhhggg.... do I have t-t-to?" He whines.

Coby sat in his chair staring at his older sister rush around the room, “Yes-yes-yess… you have to, fuck” she whipers the ‘fuck’ to herself so he couldn’t hear it, but he heard her and said nothing of it, he understood why she said it. It is frustrating to say something over and over again because you have no control of it.

Ray shakes her head and finally sits down at the kitchen table for a few minutes to eat her breakfast. Cheese toast too. "You do-don't want to end up having to go to the dentist for ca-cavities," she said before taking a bite of her toast.

Coby nods his head in agreement, "Yeah.... you’re right" he sighs. He sounds so sad. "I hate t-t-t-th-the dentist" he stutters; mumbles out.

Ray chuckles and nods her head, “Same here buddy. Th-that is why I make sure I brush my teeth everyday. It keeps a-a-away the ca-cavities. Bu-but d-d-” Ray stops speaking when she knew everything she was going to say next was going to just be a stuttering mess. She puts up her finger saying wait a minute and Coby nods his head and takes his bite of toast.

“Lets try this again” Ray mumbles to herself, but Coby giggles, making Ray smile. “Bu-but don't forget to floss too, that helps a lot too” she said better this time then last time. “But I-I I also do know that today we don’t have t-time to floss right now, so when we get hoe-home you should floss.”

Coby takes another big bite of his toast and nods his head violently up and down with a big smile on his face and trying not to laugh, “Ok.”

Ray nods her head and eats her food as fast as she can so get back to what she was doing before; getting everything packed and cleaned up.

She looks away from the half cleaned messy kitchen to her little brother again and smiles at him, "So wh-what kind of drink do you want today. We have orange juice, A-apple juice, Grape juice or ice-ice tea, ice tea.... well some k-kind of lemon ice tea drink?" she asks him. Coby places his small finger on his chin to think over what he wants.