Chapter 2 Promise

Chapter 2 Promise

Third person pov.

Ray zips up Cobys jacket for him because he was struggling with it and couldn't take it anymore so he asked his older sister to help him out with it and she gladdy stepped in and helped him with it. “Thank you!” Ray smiles at her younger brother who pats his jacket and smiles at it being closed and nods her head at him. “No problem.”

The two had everything they would need for the day. All they have to do is get Coby’s shoes on and maybe do one more thing then they can leave their house and go to school…. Aka hell for others.

Coby gets on the ground in front of the front door to place his shoes on as Ray rushes around the kitchen and living room making sure everything they didn’t need plugged in is unplugged, also making sure everything they needed locked up, was locked up and everything that didn’t need on, was turned off. When Ray got back to Coby after rushing around and doing everything she thought of at the last minute, she found him standing at the front door just waiting patiently for his older sister.

Once again Ray smiles at her younger brother. “You-you ready to go?” she asks him slightly out of breath.

The young kid nods his head so fast with the biggest and brightest smile on his face, “Ye-yes!”

Seeing his smile made her so happy and excited for him. Knowing that he wasn't dreading or fearing going to school like she was, made her feel very relieved to know that she could semi know this might go well, but she doesn't have much hope.

Ray didn't want him to hate school like she does and she especially doesn't want him being crushed by school after this day too because of his stutter and his classmates. She was hoping his classmates weren't like hers when she was his age. Her classmates were not the nicest when it came to her and her stutter, especially when it came down to Elena Gilbert group. Fuck they are assholes to her.

“S-s-so le-lets go!”

Time skip.
Third person pov.

Ray was really, really hoping this wouldn't happen. She kind of figured this could happen, and it did. She felt bad for feeling exasperation, miserable and guilty filling her chest when it started.

When Coby and Ray stepped into his classroom for the first time, she knew by his facial expression and body language that he was scared and anxious of everything around him. His little mind went everywhere at once and then shut down really fast.

His little body turned around to face his older sister and looked up to her with distress written all over his small face. A few seconds before Ray could say anything towards him, tears welled up in his big wide feared eyes. His little mind told him that he didn't want others to see him cry so he buried his face in her legs and muffled his cries of fear and panic.

Ray sighs quietly to herself and frowns. She picks her little brother up and walks out of the room and stood away from others so he could calm down away from others and since he had dug his face in her legs, she was taking a wild guess that he didn't want to be seen like this, so she left the area for some freedom for him.

Ray felt so bad for him. This was her reaction when she went to school for the first time, so she understands what he is going through. “It’s-it’s ok bu-buddy. You're ok” she mumbles to him.

She rubs his back and mumbles out comforting words to him to calm him down and after a few minutes he was slightly calm enough to pull his face away from her neck and start whipping wet face off with his long blacked sleeved wonder woman shirt . "A-a-actually c-co-could you s-s-stay wi-wi-with me. Pl-please?" He begs her.