NOTE, PLEASE READ

I don't know how many people are going to read this note, don't fully care if people skip it because people are going to do that anyways, so there's really no winning there….

BUT! I would love for you to read this note and I do very much appreciate anyone who does take their time to read this note and my other ones. I understand notes can be annoying and all, but they are helpful.

Ok now,

I've stated this before in my main important note, but this is where it mainly came from so I'm going to talk about it in this book again. Sorry, but it has to be said again.

Now there's no specific way to write a stutter. I've seen many different writers write in different ways when it comes down to stutters. Plus the different kinds of stutters that are out there. I've seen it on tv too, especially when the subtitles are on. So please don't come in the book saying I'm doing it wrong.

Now the other things I want to state when it comes down to this book and other books that contain of the main character or side characters or characters in general having a stutter. (Including my book and other people's books.)

Don't come into theirs and my book asking for the character to be changed from the start because the stuttering is embarrassing or annoying/bothering you.
Like it's not embarrassing or bothersome to the person who has the stutter and would love to talk without one….. Right….? Like would you say that to someone who has a stutter? Would you ask them to talk normally? Would you?

Yes, this is a book, but the concept of what the character (my OCs) struggles with, happens in real life.

So don't come in the book asking to change the character or coming in and saying it's annoying or bothering you.

Personally for me just writing ‘she/he/they/them stuttered’ doesn't give much information of the struggle people who stutter go through. So writing “d-d-d-don't open t-th-that” or “eh-eh-he-help me out for th-this” and so on, to me again give an understanding of what their stutter is like, give some sort of information to it.

Just because this book is written down doesn't mean it has to be written with ‘she/he stuttered’. It can be written like “d-d-d-don't open th-that” or “d-dont open th-that”.

If it does bother you, you can just read it normally, you don't need to comment that you're doing that either… (nothing against the he/she/they/them stuttered out, i use it too, but most is the other way). Just because I'm writing it down…. Means I’m going to write it this way.

Please understand people have to deal with this disorder or stutter problems.

I don't have a stuttering disorder. I'm not going to go out and say that I have a stuttering disorder because I DO NOT have the disorder.
But I am one of those kids who are now in their early twenties that had (and slightly still have) a speech, language and learning problems, (I had to get under my tongue actually snipped because it wouldn’t stick out like (most) everyone's should and it was causing my speech and learning to become a very big problem. The tongue was snipped, but I had bad teeth too, plus learning disabilities and other problems that added to learning and my speech) I do also speak really, really fast and most times I don't know it and don't even think about it and it causes me to stutter out a bit; i also have very bad anxiety disorder and one of the things that it causes me is to stutter out my words.

AGAIN, I don’t have the disorder and I’M NOT claiming it. 

But people who had or have learning problems, or social anxiety (disorder), or bad teeth, or short tongue can have a stuttering problem; and even other problems can cause people to stutter or slur their words.   So please don't forget that too. (I did more research too, of course)

(Doctors stated this to me so many times when i was younger because i was very stupid ‘slow’ in school. Many teachers told me that I wouldn't pass school… as they pass me to the next grade… made no fucking snese)

Doctors do state that some people (usually when they're young, like I was) who need to learn need to say the words to understand it or learn it, and if you're saying it wrong you're not going to learn or understand or say it right and or say it without a stutter.

So I don’t have the stuttering disorder and would never understand the full depth of how it is and how frustrating it is to have it, but I can semi relate in a way with it, not big, but a bit. So of course I will defend anyone with a stutter, well I'll defend almost everyone.

This book with my character, she was born with a stutter because of her dad. (genetics).  She is growing out of it, but she still has it.

People who do stutter can learn to grow out of it, but it takes time and energy to do so.

So if you have something against how this book is written with the stutter or just don't like it, please just leave.

Again, I very much appreciate whoever took the time to read this note. I hope I didn’t sound rude, that's not my intention at all. I just needed and wanted to state this so everyone can understand what not to do in this book and others :) plus to understand a bit more about these topics.