11: Expect the Unexpected

A/N #1: Warning: I was sick while writing most of this chapter and still am lol so there might be some mistakes.

You tugged on Copper's leash again, hoping that your persistence would encourage him to move along if only a little bit. But alas, none of your efforts were amounting to anything. Another distraction along the way had put your journey on hold for the moment and you were getting frustrated with the constant stops when there was somewhere important that you had to be.

"C'mon, Copper. We gotta go," you practically begged the golden retriever as he sat there staring up at the cat in the tree without a care in the world. "I can't be late for this meeting." Why of all days did he have to stop every few feet to smell or look at something? This was getting ridiculous.

You had no idea what Yuta's sensei would be like and being late was definitely not setting a good first impression. It took another set of lies just to even be let out of the house and the clock was ticking for you.

A few more blocks of walking and struggling and you were getting close to the meeting spot: a café. Despite this being your neighborhood, you had never heard of this place before so you were not really familiar with where you were going. Your only guide was the maps app on your cell phone telling you how close you were to your destination.

As you made your way down another sidewalk, you could now see the sign of the café at the end, which was surrounded by a bunch of other small businesses. Luckily for you, you had remembered to bring a few extra treats for your doggo, knowing it would be torture for him to have to wait around all these smells of food and not be able to eat a majority of it.

Your eyes scanned the tables and chairs looking for the dark-haired and blue-eyed jujutsu sorcerer as you told your dog, "I want you to be on your best behav-"

Without warning, he pulled hard on the leash, dashing toward the outdoor café area like his life depended on it. Fearing that he would interrupt a random stranger's meal, you held on as best as you could, trying to keep yourself from falling over as you attempted to get him to slow down. It was no use though. He had his sights set on something, you just hoped it wasn't any food.

Copper's running ceased once he got to a specific table near the edge, immediately jumping into the teenage boy's lap to greet him. You should have known. Who needs eyes when you have your very own Yuta detector around?

"Down boy, sit," you scolded Copper, trying to make it seem like you had some kind of control over his actions. But the awkward silence only continued until he turned away from Yuta to try to grab one of the desserts that were on the table with his mouth. "Oh, no you don't. I told you to sit, Copper." You grabbed him and had him sit down as you took out a treat from your messenger bag to distract his appetite.

"I'm so sorry about that and sorry I'm kind of late." You did your best to laugh it off, not wanting your nervousness to show through before turning your attention to the oldest of the pair. "Hi, you must be Yuta's sensei. Gojo Satoru, right?"

"Yes, and you must be [First Name] [Last Name]," the unfamiliar face responded.

The white hair that draped over this man's features and the long sleeve button-up and slacks painted him as someone young. You don't know why you were expecting him to be an old man. He clearly wasn't. If you had to take a guess at his age then he was probably somewhere in his late twenties.

"[First Name], take a seat," Yuta motioned for you to sit down in the empty chair between him and his sensei before sliding a chocolate dessert over to you. "Here, I ordered this for you while we were waiting."

"Thank you," you smiled, happily accepting it from him.

"Yeah, you're definitely his kid," Gojo commented, shifting the frames of his sunglasses down as if to get a better look at you. "There's no denying the resemblance." As he did this, you caught a glimpse of his light blue eyes hidden underneath, which reminded you of a clear bright blue sky.