15: Strawberry Milk Tea

A/N #1: I'm half asleep rn so there may be some mistakes lol sorry.

Descending the stairs with your newly acquired uniform, you ran one of your hands over the soft dark blue fabric. It was strange. Back at your old high school, a dress code like this didn't exist. Up until this point, you had only associated uniforms with work and jobs. Well, learning how to exorcise curses had become your job now that you were enrolled as a student at Tokyo Jujutsu High. Again, it would just be something that would become a part of your everyday normal.

As you neared the dormitories, you noticed someone exit the building and head your way. A short girl with hair the color of autumn came into view. And while it wasn't her natural hair color, it suited her quite well, extending down to her neck.

Without giving it much thought as to whether or not you would be correct, you uttered the name that felt most fitting among the first-years since you had yet to put any faces to a name. "Kugisaki?"

At the mention of her name, her face perked up a little. "I'm Nobara Kugisaki but you seem to already know that, [Last Name]," she said as she quickly looked you over. "At least you seem capable. Maybe there's still hope for us first-years."

Before you could ask her what she meant, she quickly switched the subject after noticing that you were carrying a uniform. Reaching out to touch it, she asked, "Is this your uniform?" You nodded as she continued to inspect it. "I'll admit, the fabric is nice. I'm just glad they let us make alterations. Not to say that anyone's style is bad but I just prefer one that suits my own taste more. If I'm going to wear a uniform, I at least want to look my best, don't you agree?"

"I couldn't agree with you more. I didn't really ask for any extra changes to mine but I am wondering why they added a tie though," you pointed out as you lifted up the matching dark blue tie from the clothes.

"Hm, who knows? But I'm sure someone like you can make it work," she told you as she began to walk in the same direction that you had just come from. "You look busy so I'll see you around, [Last Name]."

Although your interaction had been brief, you liked Kugisaki. She had such an air of confidence surrounding her that it felt contagious. And she was definitely someone who wasn't afraid to speak her mind. Meeting her made you excited to meet your other classmates, wondering what they'd be like and if you'd also get along. But judging from that one comment she made, maybe the other two first-years hadn't quite lived up to her expectations.

And like the second-years, she made no remarks regarding your home of origin. It wasn't as if it defined the totality of your character but it was assuring to see that an outsider like you had been accepted so easily by everyone so far. You shouldn't have jumped to conclusions so quickly, to begin with, but in a world full of judgment, you couldn't help but feel judged constantly.

Now was not the time to linger. Yuta would be waiting for you by the front gate soon. And you wouldn't want to keep him waiting.

♡♡♡

You entered the pharmacy without the company of the dark-haired sorcerer, confident enough that you could get the medication you needed on your own. Scanning the shop's interior, you found yourself surrounded by all kinds of medication as you walked through the short aisles in search of eye drops once again.

Despite not having used your cursed technique for a while, that familiar burning sensation had come back for another round. The stinging was beginning to get less tolerable as time went on and you were seeking some relief from the red gaze that stared back at you in the mirror.

A few more aisles down and there they were on one of the middle shelves. Quickly reading the back of the medication's box, you decided that this would be the one you would use. And so you made your way through the empty shop up to the register, placing the eye drops on top of the counter.