Episode 7 ; joust of the isles

***
"Madam Talleen. Ive been informed that your adopted nephew has just enlisted at the front desk."

"Thank you, Glaya. You can go now." With a wave of my hand the attendant left the viewing box and i took several steps to the open patio overlooking the entire stadium.

Looking over the stadium i could see the crowds of common-folk roaring out in celebration as a tamer in the arenas center forced a large bear like creature with white patterned fur to do tricks to appease the crowds infidelity.

Once the man finished the beast had collapsed from exhaustion and he was giving bows in all directions but gave an even deeper bow towards the royal sovereigns private gallery in the stadium seats.

He was hidden by a tarp shielding him from the sunlight but it was undoubtedly the royal sovereigns station, that annoying brats.

"That child still thinks he can mock me."

The prince always has been rather fond of flashy items but he makes a point to get the most expensive materials when he knows I'm coming to an event. Tapping my fan on my chin i smiled though.

The prince had groomed a champion to win this tournament but thanks to some meddling I've had him placed against my dearest nephew in the first round.

"Lets see if you can still smile when your warrior is nothing but a red splotch against the wall."

"Lasses and gentlemen!" Appearing from the arenas entrance a man riding a wolf like creature with an iron jaw came galloping in.

"So this is where you were, governess." Turning around i was greeted by the unhappy sight of the sovereign himself along with his queen standing by his side.

"Greetings to the sovereign of Shatterre." Giving a short curtsy in my dress i conveyed false respect. I wanted to curse this feral but his position is much higher than what my business can do.

"You may rise."

Doing so i leaned back against the patio's railing. "Its an honor to have you here, your crown. But if i might be so rude to ask, what is it that has brought you to my presence?"

Visible annoyance already came across his face as he noted my blatant lack of respect. "I have two matters that are in need of your council." Stepping in he grabbed the alcohol i had specially prepared for Strife's victory and started pouring it out into three glasses.

"I am at your service, my sovereign." Faking a grin I remained impassive

"There is a girl my wife wishes to be found. Her cousin. It would be a great service to my wife and myself if you agree to undertake this task."

My eyes held on his uneasy wife's appearance. Tenna Qilin. The first daughter of high clan Qilin and later married to the first prince after meeting each other for the first time at a royal banquet five years ago. Happy marriage but the sovereigns main object of affection isn't her wife but the maids he gallivants with.

"Serena Qilin is her name, as you are already aware as she was your student before. This isn't the first time she's disappeared but she's learned to hide her tracks a lot better this time." Finished pouring he gave a drink to his wife then offered me one as if to give me my own peace offering

"Hmm," stepping inside to the viewing box i courteously took the offered drink, "that girl is still refusing to be your wife's plaything then?"

"Watch your tone, vixen!" The guarding knight drew his sword half way but raising her hand Tenna stopped him.

"I have not a shred of care what you think of me, governess. Just find my cousin, and you will be compensated accordingly."

Taking a sip of the drink in hand i acted uninterested in the matter, "money is not the only thing that merchants are after, your highness. And even you should know just how limited my resources are after being forced to hold this event for you despite my reservations."