Episode 15 : silver dove

Looking around I grew confused

"Why are you still here?" Cayde asked giving a concerned look

"I don't know..." I responded sullen. Urging my mind to take me out of the mental sub space nothing happened other than a few sparks in the air, "Somethings keeping me here."

"Is the message not over yet?" Silven questioned as he raised his hand to touch the golden cage, rippling out like he was touching a puddle to his presence.

"No, it's definitely done. I'm not sensing any mental locks and your body no longer looks like finely cut mince meat so I'm not sure either." Cayde watched the golden serpent looking it right in its crimson eye as Silven observed the cage. "Maybe its his fault we're still stuck here."

Silver flames exploded out of Cayde's hand forming a fiery sword, pointing it directly at the creature right next to Silven. In response the dragon growled, somehow disabling the aether magic as the air vibrated

"What?"

With a mellow roar from the dragon Cayde was sent flying into the the wall of distant stars with a loud grunt upon impact. Falling down the wall Cayde landed flat on his stomach snarling aloud. "Aren't you two going to help?"

Ignoring him with Silven I approached the dragon within its spherical cage. "Is he always like this?"

Silven slightly nodded as his hand melted through the cage to caress the golden creatures gleaming claw. Half of his body immediately lit up with the ashreaver enhancement markings on his left side glowing crimson instead of gold like they would with me. "It want's something..."

Surprised that Silven was able to communicate with the dragon core i reached my hand out to the cage but it rotated, placing the murky belt surrounding it in my hand instead along with several clicking sounds like those on a lock as it moved. Unsure what this meant I directed a question to Silven. "What else is it telling you?"

Scrunching his brow Silven focused. "I'm not sure... its not... its showing me desires instead of words to be put bluntly. It wants something completed with the impurities removed."

Looking at the large edge of the dismal blood-ring I compared it to the ones I saw on the dark edge disciple, then it hit me. "...the ring doesn't have a head. Its still incomplete."

"So that's what the attributes tab meant when it said [conquerors howl] was incomplete." Clutching his shoulder Cayde came up behind us but stayed his distance when the golden dragon growled with a leer. Waving his arms in the air Cayde gave up his attempts at violence spitting on the floor.

looking at Silven I asked. "Can it tell you how I'm supposed to complete it?"

"Something... about blood and power becoming one... I think." The dragon growled with a tilt of its head to Silven's confused tone as it huffed a silver flame from its nostrils, as if what Silven said was correct.

Looking at the muddy edge of the ring in my hand with no clear details I questioned how I was supposed to even do that. My instincts, or more accurately the dragon, say to 'merge my shape' but I don't even understand what that means.

At first I would think it meant to become one with Silven and Cayde but my gut said otherwise. It would so much simpler if i could just communicate with the dragon or whatever that creature is if that cage wasn't restricting it.

Pulling his arm out of the cage the crimson markings covering Silven faded out returning him back to normal.

Acknowledging this I blasted out my energy in the starry space activating ashreaver enhancement on myself. Gold markings covered my left side while silver tattoos ran down my right side, both glowing through my clothes.