Episode 17 : take the apocalypse

Striking aether against mana, the edge of my katana slashed repeatedly against the apocalyi's yellow grabber claws as it defended against every attack I made.

As [cursed duality] struck sparks flew across the metal thorax of the monster i fought against.

[festered sentinel] bellowed out a punch and wind blew right past my neck as i leaned my body down, rolling out of danger, before thrusting the end of my katana into an exposed crack of chitin and flesh making the centipede mass squeal in hatred.

[skill: sentinel beam, shoots!]

"Graah!!" Light gathered in the bulging yellow eye of the apocalyi and i immediately felt the scales of my armor move to cover my upper chest.

Lunging my open left palm up into its metal chin, the apocalyi's death beam shot out going up the crystal walls of the arena to the energy barrier trapping us both in here until it dispersed.

As the beam ended my muscles quaked in my right arm trying to drag out [cursed duality] from inside the apocalyi's chest and its arm latched onto my upper ribs, crushing my bones as it tried to pressure the scales resisting against the visceral grip around my torso.

[racial skill: hollow void, bursts!]

Aether exploded to every pore of my body as the two blood-ring's span within my hearts and the apocalyi's yellow eye bulged when it realized what was about to happen.

Whipping my left arm around the writhing pincer clutched into my side, i prevented any escape until [festered sentinel] willingly tore off the arm he had used to try and break my ribs. Flashing away in an instant as black wraiths screamed out of my body, snapping and clawing at the air around me.

As the screams of the wraiths vanished along with their forms i gripped [cursed duality] in my right gauntlet tightly. Standing ready for any attack as i lost visual on my opponent.

My aether sense could detect him moving about around me as thunder flashed repeatedly in the sky, with each boom he would be in a different place until he wasn't anymore.

Tch-boom!Tch-boom!tch-boom!

'That's the most thunder i think theres even been at once.' Thorn stated starkly.

Be ready, i urged. The moment he appears pin him down.

Giving a mental nod i could feel Thorn swell up in my abdomen as he prepared himself.

Zip!Zip!Zip!

Brief after images faded in and out around me. Unease gripped my mind as i held the blade in both hands tightly.

"Urgh!" Plunging straight through my right shoulder a yellow spike broke through my clavicle tearing through the flesh and nerves as i whistled out the pain through gritted teeth.

Roaring out of my back a black wolf lunged to [festered sentinels] neck and the utter confusion on its yellow cyclops eye was enough to make me forget the pain briefly as the yellow spike slid out of my shoulder and aether filled the hole with newly created flesh covered with black-gold scales.

Twisting my entire body i pushed my hip forwards aiming to cut straight through the apocalyi as Thorn bit down on its metal covered neck with anarchy lining his teeth.

Pivoting off my back foot the end of [cursed duality] pierced through the metal carapace going all the way to the other side of the body exploding the metal and flesh off the centipede with a burst of aether

Bloodshot with rage [festered sentinel] finally revealed its mouth as flaps opened to reveal rows of gnashing teeth and squidgy flesh irking both Thorn and i but Thorn especially as i felt the disgust fuel my mind.