Episode 18 : future is present

***
"So this was the ending you spoke of." Watching the monstrous tentacle reel Strife away into a black portal i felt distaste for the individual watching next to me as he sat down on the rock. "How sad, wrath."

"It is unfortunate. But i also went through the same thing." Scratching his white beanie the thing that had coerced me to not interfere acted plainly.

Boom!

A multicoloured arrow shot up into the sky from the sea, chasing after Strife and the raven that followed him.

It was the human, Arthur Moonleaf, still seeking vengeance for himself despite the dire conditions of his party members and himself.

This other Strife sitting next to me grinned feebly as Arthur's sword slid through his past selfs shoulder, laughing as he coughed up blood - somehow still smiling like he was crazy.

Strife must be split in the mind to still make such a loving face to the one who was actively trying to kill him.

"It's hard to remember ever being that insane this early." Patting off his trousers this seemingly more calmer Strife stood up as his past apparition got dragged through the portal. "But now that he's been sent there. I'm the only me here now."

"You will only be mimicking that homunculus. You will never be treated the same as he was." Seeking conflict with this Strife I bared my bloodthirsty intent at him. "You lied about where you are from."

Tilting his head the dark grey haired man agreed. "True. Thats true. But that's only because you never fully listened to how much truth I was speaking. You can blame clarity for that."

A moment of silence filled the air as we watched Arthur Moonleaf plummet down to the earth with his white coat swaying in the wind.

This future Strife, a man I had known personally for 700 years, told me one of my vassals would die when he broke through my world barrier just a few days ago.

Strife told me every possible detail i would need to prevent it yet it still happened because Hesos didn't listen to me. I cannot tell whether he told me in hopes of it being prevented or because he knew Hesos would die no matter what.

"You resent me for not saving him." Strife declared it as a matter of fact as he tightened the bandage on his right arm.

My lips were shut tight but it was obvious i disliked him. Given our malicious relationship.

"The death of a deity is a fixed thing in time like most things. The universe makes it impossible for us to change when something is supposed to die. Regardless if its a single blade of grass or an entire planet." A melancholic tone filled Strife's voice catching my ear.

"...you must know that from how you destroyed Earth with your own two hands."

Strife nodded, doing his best to hide the growing grin on his lips.

"I have always had this question about your kind. Whether you regret the chaos you spread or not?"

Again Strife nodded. "When my journey first began all those years ago, i made it my mission to try and find earth. Of course, I found it. It was just a shame I could only enjoy it for a short while."

Just arriving on the scene, the two admins of Laegii's <pilgrimage> immediately tended to the wounds of the five injured party members of Arthur Moonleaf.

The eleventh guardian of Eden, [artists six arms of regality] and the tenth Zorain of Winnowa, [corruption from the silver hell], both aiding the battle ridden mortals.

[<endless white>, watches]

[<dark edge>, looms]

Subtly a grin inched up Strife's chalk white cheek. "Those three are here? Well then, i suppose its time i left before they think your harbouring a fellow kralscell."