Two

The next day i got out of bed, got ready and left for training.
I trained to the best of my ability, forcing a smile on my face for my brother because i know that's what he would want.

After training everyone went to the cafeteria for some lunch. I sat down in the back corner alone, but after a little while Viv came and sat beside me.

"You had a good session"
She smiled at me.

"You too, but i feel like you always do"
I slightly chuckled and Viv smiled.

"Well a compliment doesn't hurt anyone"

"You're right on that one"
I smiled.

"Why are you over here anyway? You should come and sit with me and the girls"

"No thanks. Thank you for the offer though"

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, i'm sure"

"I'll come back soon, okay?"

"You don't need to"

"You're the youngest on the team, kid. I need to make sure you feel welcome"

"Thank you"
I smiled as i watched her walk away from the table i was sat at.

Viv's pov
I know Aitana is hiding something. I can see it in her eyes. She's broken. She also looks like she hasn't slept for days and her eyes are red from what i can assume to be a lot of crying.

She's young, and very shy. I know she won't open up to me, but over time i hope she does.

I left her alone and sat at my usual table with Katie, Beth, Lotte and Leah. As i sat down beside Lotte i looked to the other girls who seemed to be deep in conversation.

"What are they talking about?"
I asked Lotte.

"The new girl"

"Aitana?"

"Yeah. I think they're betting on something"

"They're making a bet on her?"
I said.

"I'm not sure. Why do you sound mad about it?"
Lotte asked curiously.

"I want her to feel comfortable here. She's a teenager, and is Spanish. It's her first time here"

"Everyone likes her. She's a nice girl, Viv"

"I know, but i don't want anyone to fight"

"Ask them what their bet is about then"
Lotte whispered and i nodded.

"Katie?"
I said, grabbing the attention of the Irish girl.

"What?"

"What are you guys getting about?"
As i asked this both Beth and Katie looked at Leah who had a smirk on her face.

"I made a bet that i bet i can get the new girl to fall in love with me in a month"
Leah said this proudly but i just raised my eyebrows at her.

"Seriously?"
I said angrily.

"Yeah, what's wrong with it?"
Leah asked.

"Everything. You can't break her heart for a stupid bet"

"Why not? She's leaving at the end of the season!"
Beth argued.

I stared at the girls before rolling my eyes and standing up. I walked back over to Aitana and sat down beside her. I thought about telling her, but when i looked down and saw her looking at a picture of a little boy as tears fell from her eyes i decided not to. Instead i wrapped my arms around her.