Fifteen

Todays the day. I'm back.

Barcelona vs Madrid CFF

If we win today then the league is ours and we will get the trophy when we play Valencia on home soil.

I'm starting today ahead of Jenni because she has a muscular issue and isn't fit enough to start, but she is able to come on as a sub.

We arrived at the stadium and done our warmups. I had a good warmup. Good shots and passing. I'm ready for this.

After our warmups we went back into the locker room to get ready for the match. I put my shin guards on, re-tied my boots and then taped my wrist, writing 'Marcos <3' on the tape.

I then stood up and tried to shake away my nerves. I couldn't get them away, but i felt a hand on my shoulder and when i looked up i saw Pina.

"Hey"
She smiled at me.

"Hey"
I smiled back and she grabbed my hand.

"He's watching this game, i can assure you. All he wants is to see you shine where you belong. Play for him and score for him too. This is your chance, take it. Return with a bang. Show everyone why you're the best youngster in the world. Show the world how unstoppable you really are"
Pina said this and i hugged her, kissing her cheek.

"Thank you, Pina. He would have loved you"

"Do us proud"
Pina said before walking away.

Jonatan then gave us one last team talk and after that it was go time. I stood behind Sandra and in front of Caro.

"You've got this"
Caro whispered from behind and i turned around, smiling at her.

"We've got this"
I said before facing Sandra who is in front of me.

"Let's do this, kiddo"
She said quickly before turning back around as we began walking out.

As we walked out i started to get emotional. We all stood in line before shaking hands with our opponents. After that we went for a team talk with Alexia.

"This is our chance to be champions. Let's do it girls! Play how we do! Let's win it! Let's win today! Let's win for Marcos!"

"For Marcos!"
Everyone yelled and i just wanted to cry, but i held it together.

Before we went to our positions Alexia ran over to me and embraced me in a short hug.

"Do it for him"
She whispered into my ear before running to her position.

I nodded to myself before getting ready to start.

The ref blew her whistle and the game began.

In the third minute Madrid done the unthinkable and scored. Geyse scored and we were down.

I looked around and then up to the sky and i felt him. I felt my brother. I could hear him.

"Do me proud, Hermana"
That's all i could hear. And i took it and let it motivate me.

As i restarted play by passing to Alexia i ran forward. I made a run in behind their defence, remaining onside, and Alexia found me with a perfect pass.

My touch was a bad one, it took the ball slightly behind me but i didn't let that stop me. I quickly swivelled around before putting my laces through the ball. I watched as it traveled quickly. The keeper had no chance. Before she could even react the ball was in the back of the net. In the fifth minute we're level.

I didn't celebrate. I didn't move. I put my hands over my face and cried. I cried. I'll admit it. As soon as the ball hit the back of the net tears ran down my face.