Thirty Two

The season is about to end, but before it does Leila is going to sign a contract extension. It's true, she was close to joining Manchester City. The deal was almost done but Leila pulled out of the deal after Marcos begged her to stay and she decided to accept Barcelona's contract renewal. Her new deal will take her all the way until 2025. A new three year deal.

Last night all of the fans went to the Johan where we showed off our three trophy's that we managed to get our hands on this season. That's right, we won the treble, the domestic treble. Next up for me and the girls is the Euros.

The Champions League loss hurt for a long time, but we've used that pain as motivation and now we're more determined than ever to come back next season.

Leila asked me to go with her to sign her new deal and i agreed. She said she wants me there because she said she will cry during the interview and she doesn't want to be alone, which i fully understand. She was there for me when i was crying after the Champions League final so today it's my turn to be there for her.

I arrived just in time. I watched as Leila put pen to paper on her new deal and she had the biggest smile on her face. She got photos taken and then came over to hug me.

"He's so happy right now"
I said as she wrapped her arms around me.

"I really hope so"

"One of his favourite players is staying at his favourite club, of course he's happy. His family is staying together"
I said and she nodded.

She then dragged me over to the camera and we both sat down, waiting for the interview to begin.

"Leila, you've been at this club for many years. How does it feel to sign a new deal, keeping you here until 2025?"
The interviewer asked and Leila smiled.

"It's a great feeling. This club means so much to me, for many different reasons. I'm happy to be staying here"

"There was a lot of rumours that you wouldn't be staying and instead would be going to Manchester City, is that true?"

"Yeah. I almost ended up at Manchester City, but a special boy reminded me how much this club means to me, and he threatened me if i left", She chuckled. "He wanted me to stay, and i want to stay with my family, so i pulled out of the deal to stay here"
She said, trying to stop the tears from spilling from her eyes.

"Aitana, how does it feel knowing Leila will be staying?"

"Amazing. My family is staying together. Alexia, Jenni who renewed recently, Leila and of course Mapi. This is the club of our lives. And that very special boy that Leila was talking about would kill us if we ever left"

"Before we start with some questions, is there anything you would like to say to the fans Leila?"

"Thank you for your support this season and i cannot wait for next season. This is a special group of players with special fans. Here's to the next three years together"
She smiled.

"Aitana is there anything you would like to say to Leila?"
The interviewer asked me and i smiled, looking at Leila.

"He's so proud of you Leila, and so am I. I bet you he's running around up there telling my mom how happy he is that you've decided to stay. He will feel so special knowing that you stayed for him. You had a huge impact on his life and he loves you. After all, you are his favourite left back. You're a huge part of his family, my family, and he'd hate to have seen you go, so would i. Congratulations on the new deal. I know he can't congratulate you but i will on his behalf. Congratulations, Leila"
I said and she started crying so i pulled her into my arms where she stayed for a moment.