Ch 17- Fake rumor

Love me, regardless?

Ch 17--Fake rumor

=Marinette's POV=

The next day at shool, for some reason I couldn't talk properly to Adrien, like we didn't even talk. As I thought about it, we both rarely spoke but I just seemed to have noticed it now.

They day passed on as a drag, and when we were going to leave I heard someone call my name.

"Marinette!"

I turn around to see Adrien coming towards me seeming happy.

"Hey Marinette, guess what? talked to chat and he would be happy to meet you", Adrien didn't know why he said that but he felt the need to for some reason.

"Wait, what did you tell him exactly??", Marinette asked panicking.

"Haha don't worry, I didn't spill your secret I told him about you and he insisted on meeting you to thank you", he replied.

"Oh phew.., thanks, thank you so much for doing this for me", She smiled at him which he returned.

"Okay well I gotta go now, he said he would come to pick you up at around 5pm, sound good?", he asked.

"Yup, just great", She said having a wide smile across her face.

"Okay then i'll tell him, see ya later Marinette", He said as he waved and started walking towards his car.

After he left, Tikki came out and Marinette spoke up.

"Uugh this is so embarrassing Tikki.., how do I end up in situations like these?"

"Well, you can just go on this date so that Cat Noir can know more about you as Marinette too and leave a good impression", Tikki said joyfully.

"You've got a point Tikki.. but what I'm mainly worried about is having told about my feelings to Adrien, I mean I don't really know too well about him", she states.

"What's passed is passed Marinette, now just look ahead and Adrien does look like a nice guy so I don't think you should worry too much"

*sighs*"You're right Tikki, now I guess I should go and get ready to meet Chat noir", She says walking towards the bakery.

_____

A while later the time reads 4:50 and Marinette gasps at it.

"Holy Guacamole ! It's already been 50 mins?? Wow I sure take my time to get ready"

"hmhmm you better hurry up now Marinette go wait at the door", Tikki suggests.

"Are you sure? Won't I seem a bit desperate if I wait at the door? or then would he think I'm not interested if I dont? aah what do I dooo?", Marinette starts to panic.

"Marinette just shush and go downstairs to your bakery", Tikki stated.

"Ye-es ma'am", Marinette laughs with Tikki as she salutes.

Marinette heads down the stairs of the apartment to her bakery where her parents were preparing and order.

"Hey sweetie, going out somewhere?", Tom asks.

"U- uh yeah I'm meeting a friend dad", She replies a bit nervously.

"Okay make sure to be back before it's late out dear", Sabine smiles.

"Got it mom", Marinette says as she smiles back.

Just then the doorbell rings and Marinette rushes to open it and then shuts it immediately.