Late Bloomer

A/N So I was thinking a bit about Highschool Aphmau, and the really out of character outburst she had with Ivy and Lily where she beats both thier asses and gets put in detention, so I expanded on it. Enjoy.

Sylvanna was normally a patient woman, she had to be with her daughter now a teenager, and getting into her rebellious phase.

At least, that's what she had thought it was, why else had Aphmau gotten detention for fighting if not for that?

Sylvanna was at first furious when she was called saying that Aphmau had pushed two girls in the locker room. But after her Mija had come to the car on the verge of tears, all her anger deflated.

When she heard that Lily and Ivy had not only provoked the fight, but had been bullying her daughter, she decided that Aphmau was getting off easy, A slap on the wrist for hitting, but a bowl of ice-cream for showing those girls what for.

However, that was then, and this was the third time this morning Sylvanna had called her down for breakfast, so now here she was, walking up to her room to shake the girl awake.

"Aphmau! I've already called you three times! Vamanos!" Instead of a reply, she heard a grunt of pain, anger turned to worry as she pushed the door open.

"M-mom?" Aphmau laid there, a pillow both on top of her head and under her chin, her eyes were squeezed shut in pain and she was sweating bullets.

"Oh! Mija! What's wrong?" Slyvanna hurried down to check on her ill baby girl, only for her to try and push her away.

"Mami, it's just a really bad headache." Sylvanna of course, did not pay the protests any mind, and took her temperature with her hand.

"Headache? You're burning up!" Aphmau winced at the shrill sound of her mother's doting, and tried to wave her away.

"I'll get some Tylenol and medicine for you, just relax honey!" Sylvanna left the room, leaving Aphmau to roll over in pain. The headache was her entire head, the top, all the way to her teeth.

She went back to chewing the side of her pillow, as it was the only thing to give her any relief from the pain.

Her phone blipped, the buzz and the sound itself both making her wince, but she reached over and opened it before it could go off again.

Ohyesshedid: You about ready? I'm outside.

'Crap! Laurance is supposed to walk me!'  Her thoughts were much too loud for her to handle, and the phone was too slow. Her frustration at the world grew and she knawed on the pillow harder to try and ignore the doubled pain.

PurplePeep: No, I'm sick.

Ohyesshedid: Oh, do you want me to come up and check on you? :)

PurplePeep: Please, go to school, I'll talk to you later Laurance.

She turned off the phone and nearly slammed it face down onto the mattress. She groaned in pain and turned over before the started actually chewing a hole in her poor pillow.

She groaned, she didn't want to deal with him right now, she didn't want to deal with anyone right now.

"I'm back! Here's some Tylenol and water sweetheart." Aphmau glanced at the two little pills and the water, then up at her mother, for a moment, she felt like biting her hand off.

'Woah, she's helping you, stop being so ragey' She slowly took the pillows away and swallowed both pills without a word, then it was back under the covers and her head back between two pillows.