Festival (An Increasingly Romantic Venture Part 3)

The light of the early morning streamed pleasantly through the hotel window, tickling the face of one Aaron Lycan, grumbling lightly with the sunlight bothering his slumber.

With a huff he opened his eyes getting an eyeful of retina melting sun, making him immediately turn over. Aaron was then met with the sight of Aphmau's sleeping figure; facing away from him, nearly falling off the bed.

For a moment he wondered why she'd slept so far away, before his brain quickly and excitedly reminded him of the events of the night before, Sending blood immediately rushing to his face.

In response he quickly removed the blankets and strolled over to the kitchenette to make a cup of coffee, perhaps the task would distract from the vivid image. At the same time he started to make a cup of tea for his sleeping freind, something he always did whenever she'd stayed over at his place (usually by accident).

Aphmau's deep sleep was interrupted by a obnoxiously bright light shining her directly in the face, she growled in her sleep; then suddenly opened her eyes in frustration.

"Ow! Dammit" She immediately turned away from the window, temporarily blinded by the sun. Her ears however were perfectly able to catch Aaron's laugh from not too far away. When she rubbed the light from her eyes he was standing over her, taking a sip from a coffee and bringing her a cup of tea.

She took the beverage from him quickly,  sighing as the sweet liquid warmed her up; she mumbled a half-awake thank you.

As she began to wake up more however, she found herself heating up from far more than just the tea, the events of the night before playing in her head. She wasn't angry with him, it had been an accident after all, partly her fault for not shutting the door all the way. But somehow she was still upset, and she couldn't place her finger on exactly why, other than the obvious fact that he'd seen her shirtless.

"Not that's its the first time" was her immediate and unwelcome thought. And while true, it had been years since, in fact it had been almost a decade ago since it had happened, and even that had been a special circumstance.

Before she knew it she'd finished her tea, the absence of liquid completely derailing her train of thought. She glanced put the window, and the sun had risen enough she could look outside and not witness the Big Bang.

"We should probably head to the festival if we want to have time to do everything before the concert." Aaron's voice reminded her that he was still there, and she found the excitement of the festival completely take over.

"Yes! Let me get ready!" She rushed to pick put clothes then slammed the door to the bathroom, leaving Aaron chuckling in amusement (and secretly sighing in relief).

It didn't take long for Aphmau to be absorbed in the festival, taking in the sound and smells of celebration, despite it being slightly chilly, the vibrance of her reactions kept Aaron perfectly warm.

Breakfast was gotten in the form of deep-fried sausages on sticks, of which Aaron got a laugh out of Aphmau by pointing out how disgustingly unhealthy it was.

"I mean, just look at it!" He motioned the the half eaten sausage in his hand. "It's grease has grease."

All Aphmau could do was agree, despite this, she did have two more. Much to Aaron's dissapointment.

"You are going to die by age fourty."

"But it will be a tasty death."

The two continued to mull about the festivities, passing several stalls that almost desperately threw themselves at Aphmau and Aaron. Toting the benefits of trying their particular product.