Chapter 2 Well that went well, wouldn't you say?

The light through the darn window creeps in, which makes me question the point of existence and curtains and wakes me up to find a very fast-asleep Karis beside me. Mom and Dad must have left after both of us were asleep. Mornings are the worst thing to exist. I groan loud enough to make Karis stir and sit up. She is the ultimate morning lover, the stupid grin across her face proves it when she sees the window. Things like this make me doubt if she is related to me. Seeing her smile stupidly makes me want to smack her, so I do it by sneaking an arm and smacking a lump of red-haired mess. She glares at me, and I smile back. Being the older sibling is the only form of dictatorship I support and enjoy.

"What's wrong with you?" she yawns.

"Nothing is wrong with me but something is VERY wrong with you loving mornings," I groan.

" Gosh are you even my sister?" she asks lazily and then her eyes widen. My head catches up to hers and we both say at the same time "Half-sisters!".

"Well, at least the sister's telepathy is on point," I snorted. Did us not being I don't know whole sisters change anything?

Karis must have realized what I was thinking "Hey it doesn't matter if we are half-sisters are not,". Well, it didn't seem to change what we thought of each other.

" You know it kinda makes sense why you do not like mornings perfectly now," she adds.

" Yeah it does," I mumbled. The Underworld and its night.

" I need to ask Mom about him," I added.

" He has a name, you know, " she retorted.

"Yes, a name I don't like to say," I shot back,

" Yeah whatever," she muttered.

"You realize that's the most teenager thing to say,".

"After 'yeah dude'," she said. I reluctantly push back the covers and drag myself to the bathroom. I look into the mirror and a black-haired mess stares back.

"Karis, get lost in your room, we need to get ready," I yelled. I heard her sigh dramatically and rolled my eyes, as she walked by and stuck her tongue out at me.

"You need answers," I say to the girl in the mirror " But after you brush your teeth," I added. I peel off my clothes and toss them into the hamper. Then turn the shower on the coldest dial and relish it. I had the strangest dream, I must have made it up. I looked like I was five and it was a man in a suit and we were at the McDonald's playground.

He saw me at the swings all alone, then came to me and asked "Why are you alone?"

I said, "I'm scared if I hurt the kids by mistake."

He smiled, knowingly, "You cannot hurt them, you have too good of a heart."

I smiled at him. "Thank you." He grinned wider and sighed. I felt bad. He seemed sad so I hugged him and he bent down and hugged me back and kissed the top of my head. 

 Then it almost felt like I was in his mind because then I saw myself through his eyes and then I said "It was the best hug I ever had".  I forgot what the man looked like.

Mom should be thinking to dodge the questions now, so I guess I need to get her alone or should ask Dad instead since he is easier to take answers from. The truth. I have the right to know it. Damn, right I do. I dress in a black leather jacket with a full sleeve black tee shirt and jeans. Oh no, I even dress like what I imagine someone from The Underworld would dress like. So, I change again until I end up in a black sundress with little white flowers on it and black strappy flats. I don't have time to care about my hair so it has to stay open. Time for some answers.