Chapter: 9Not All Heroes Wear Capes But This One Does

My eyes open to a figure that I think is my Dad with a blanket tied around his neck.

"Buenos Dias, Mija!" Did Dad just say Good Morning in Spanish? It's way too early for me to detect which language he is annoying me in.

"Buenos Noches, padre," I reply in what I think is Spanish.

"Daughter of mine, I'm staging an intervention." He uses his Dad-voice.

"You can stage an intervention after I get a nap in." My voice is muffled by my pillow. I pull my covers over my head and I suddenly don't feel the bed underneath me anymore, I peek out my blanket, and Dad picks me up.

" Listen, blanket-worm wake up." He shakes me a bit to get his words in.

"No, no, no," I whine, snuggling into Dad's chest. "I want to sleep, Art made me do a harder training," I beg Dad.

"Nope, you slept enough. Let's go and have breakfast." Dad carries the blanket worm to the kitchen, where Mom is enjoying her coffee.

 He deposits me on the kitchen stool, while I glare at him he smiles back. I pull the blanket over my head like a hood and slump against the kitchen island and rest my head on it. Something warm touched my arm and I looked up to see grey eyes shining with amusement.

"I could have drunk this just as well later," I grumbled, taking the warm coffee cup from Dad.

"Well, sleep-worm of ours, we have a prior engagement planned, that I'm afraid is non-bailable." Dad drops into the stool beside me.

"Not the lawyery terms again." I groaned and dropped my head into my hands.

 Dad pushed the plate of bacon and eggs towards me, I'm being bribed or this is a peace offering for dragging me out of my bed. Either way, I can never deny bacon and eggs from anyone.

"Eat." He ordered me and I picked up the fork and shoved an ungodly amount of bacon in my mouth and chewed it aggressively in his direction.

" We are picking up your car," Dad said happily.

"My what?" I should get myself checked for auditory hallucinations.

" Your C.A.R." He enunciated every syllable as if he were talking to a child and not a particularly smart one at that.

" I don't need a car I don't like driving," I like flying to places but in the mortal realm it isn't a choice "Why can't you chauffeur me everywhere?" I huffed.

"I seriously can't tell if you're humble or a brat." Dad laughed and looked at Mom for the same reaction, which she did grace him with.

" I want to sleep, not a car," I grumbled while taking another sip of the coffee. I feel more awake just after three sips, I won't be able to sleep after this.

" We are getting you an Audi R8 Spyder," Dad announced. 

I spit my coffee out of my mouth in shock and coughed desperately with tears forming at the edge of my eyes which had nothing to do with joy, but with the coffee trickling down the wrong pipe. Mom pounded my back, Dad was frozen.

"I am----trying----to bl--end in" I coughed out. Dad's face slowly blends to realization.

"It's a black colour," He placated me "The interior is white. This was supposed to be a nice birthday surprise" he frowned, Not the sad puppy face. This is utter torture.

My coughing fit is over. I hopped down from my stool and wrapped my arms around Dad.

"It's nice, Dad. I will love it, but you know I haven't been exactly keen on drawing attention," I tried to explain gently. Dad's shoulders slumped more. Oh no, damn me, I can deal with a few stares.