Chapter: 7 Home at last

"You are a monster" My veins feel the ice. Pain doesn't know me when my nails dig into my palm and I feel warmth pooling in it. Hades doesn't acknowledge it.

 He simply sits in the chair " Keep the locket with you." and a locket appears in my hand. 

One of these days I am going to pull out his teeth, boil them and make them into a diamond-studded necklace for Cassia. But now, I have to be the pet he wishes me to be. Because like he said this is his kingdom, I'm nothing but at his mercy. 

He walks to me, near the balcony. Hades doesn't touch me or anything, he just stands closely and shadows revolve around us and he fades us to the palace's entrance, where his horses are waiting. I reach for my pendant and just hold it, it's the only thing that brings me any sense of control. I look around, at the entrance, Hades has no guards, he doesn't need protection, they need protection from him.

We take the horses, and they are trotting slowly. I need more distance from him. I pull on its reins and it gallops so fast, I'm surprised I didn't fall, the horse might have known where we were supposed to go, she stopped near a clearing. Hades follows us on his horse sometime later. I refuse to look at him. Hades waves a hand at what seems like air, but an invisible wall falls. I meet grey eyes on the other side that bring tears to mine. Dad's here. I calmed down faster than I thought was possible. Mom, Apollo, and Artemis are here too. She looks beautiful and she's in a black suit, with auburn hair slicked back and a bow clutched in her hand. Artemis is a badass.

"Uncle." Artemis sneers.

"Artemis, what a delight," Hades meets her eyes. She looks like she's about to bite his head. I bite back a smile.

Hades turns to me "Morana, they are here to take you away."

Dad growls in a low guttural voice that raises hairs on my neck "Don't talk to her."

I feel relieved and angry. He ushers me to walk away. I charm my pendant into my sword again.

"Are you going to hurt me, sweetheart?" Hades cocks his head to the side. I drove a sword through him knowing it wouldn't kill him, just hurt him a lot. Hades bends down, and I pull out my sword and he makes a hoarse sound and covers his stomach with his hand. 

"That's my protege, right there." Artemis gloats. Apollo looks uncomfortable, Mom looks amused and Dad looks like he doesn't want to approve it but he does.

"I want you to know, you deserved it," I told him.

"That was a bit harsh, daughter of mine." Hades stands tall as if he wasn't just stabbed.

"I'm no daughter of yours." I gritted out.

 I look at Dad, he nods at me. I walk towards him, he holds out his other hand to me and I take it. I feel proud, love, worry, and relief from him. I notice he's holding Mom's hand too. 

That just makes my heart swell. I hug them both. I feel their warmth, only to realize I'm freezing. Dad rubs his hand down my arms to warm me and then shrugs out of his suit jacket and wraps it around me. 

Then he noticed my hand caked in blood, "Morana how did this happen?"  Mom's head whips in Hades' direction, wrath etched into her warm features turning them cold.

"Don't worry it's all been compensated for," I smile at him and Mom, and they don't smile back. 

" Lord Hades, if my daughter comes to me injured once more from you,"  She looks like wrath  made flesh, eyes burning blue fire showing how powerful she is " The Underworld will be robbed of all its remaining life." Mom finishes.