6]Awake

Her screams, her cries, her fear. Everything from that treacherous night punishes me as it replays in my mind. Sweat drips down my forehead, my breathe heaving, my whole body trembling; I try hard to forget. I try so hard to forget that night but my mind repeats it to the point were it is engraved into me.

Tapping on my phone's screen to turn it on, the time reads 01:43 in the morning. Now being wide awake and having no hope of falling back to sleep (nor do I want to), I sluggishly stumble into my on suite. Twisting the tap cold water gushes into the sink, leaning down I splash the cold water on my face in an attempt to freshen up slightly. If it wasn't for the fact that it is almost two in the morning I would quite happily take a shower and enjoy it. Searching the room I spot a bath in the corner next to a window. How did I miss it, it is not exactly small. Sighing from relief, I run a nice cold bath to cool my burning body. I groan from the freezing water soothing me as soon as I lower myself into the bath. Since catching hypothermia is not on  my agenda for tonight I quickly wash my body and hair before stepping out of the bath then wrapping a towel around my refreshed body. I pull out the plug to let the water drain out.

Once I am back in my bedroom I dry my body, next approaching my draws I remember that I don't have any clothes apart from the ones I was wearing, but they are now drenched in sweat.

Fuck me.

What am I going to wear now? Scanning the room I find nothing. Great. I fall back on my bed in frustration, although when I do there is a light knock on my door. Curiously walking up to it, I open the door but make sure that my body is covered. Thank god I did because it is non other than Lorenzo.

"What are you doing here?" My voice full of curiosity.

"I heard you awake." He bluntly replies like it is obvious. I roll my eyes at him growing frustrated with his lack of an answer.

"Ok so what do you want?" Instead of responding, his eyes travel up and down my body with a cheeky smirk. I look down realising I somehow moved the door showing my body in just a towel without knowing. Shit.

"Where are your clothes?" He tilts his head in question still with that annoying smirk plastered on his face.

"I burned them." I give him an innocent smile to go with my sarcastic comment. Lorenzo just rolls his eyes back at me, but soon disappearing down the hall.

Well fuck you too bitch.

Closing the door, I decide to search the walk in wardrobe to see if there is anything in there. Why the fuck did I not look in here first?

Because you're a dumbass Lea.

Piss off slut.

Luckily I find a pair of black gym shorts that seem to fit me perfectly and an oversized navy blue hoodie. Falling back on my bed, this time in exhaustion, I check the time again. The screen reads 03:30, I throw my phone to the side trying to think of something to occupy myself until people wake up. Wait? Why was Lorenzo awake? Oh no! He said he heard me awake, does that mean he heard my nightmare? Panic consumes me at the thought of anyone knowing, especially Lorenzo.  Eventually being able to push the idea out of my head, I finally choose to watch movies on my tv to pass the time. If people hear it and are bothered then that's their problem they can always put in ear plugs. There, problem solved.

----------

After hours of waiting, I can hear movement in the house initiating that at least a couple of people have woken up. Exiting my bedroom, I follow the noise so it will lead me to whom ever is awake. Appearing in the dinning room, I find Alejandro and Lorenzo who look like they are having a normal conversation although soon tackle each other. Lorenzo wins restricting Picasso in a headlock, I laugh at their stupidity. Soon noticing that I am in the room, Alejandro runs towards me and picks me up before continuing to run around the room with me in his arms.

"Picasso if you do not put me down NOW I will kick you in the dick." I threaten him but unfortunately for him, he ignores me. True to my words, I kick him in the dick and he soon collapses to the floor in pain. I look up at Lorenzo who just leans back in his chair watching the whole situation amused. Alejandro rolls around the floor moaning in pain, dramatic fuck.

I avert my eyes to the door when Ruby walks in, he instantly spots Alejandro on the floor and shoots me a confused expression. I only shrug carelessly.

"What? I did warn him, he had it coming."

Obviously not wanting to deal with our shit, he leaves the room. Wise choice brother. Finally ending his drama queen moment, Picasso picks himself off the floor and sends me a deadly glare. Honestly does this kid think he is intimidating me? He has nothing on the Leandra Álveraz death stare; now that is fucking intimidating. In response, I give him an innocent smile just to piss him off even more, and it works. Ending his torment, dad enters the room and I have too many questions for him that he will answer. I will make sure of it.

"I need to talk to you." I enlighten him in a serious tone to show that this conversation is important. He nods a single nod then turns around initiating for me to follow him.

----------

"What is wrong mi chica?"(my girl) He ask as soon as we step into his office, I take a seat at one of the seats in front of his desk; shortly after he sits down at his seat behind his desk.

"How serious is this situation with the Russians? Do you think my mum is involved? And don't even think about lying to me." I demand crossing my arms. El Chapo sighs in response clearly agitated by my constant questions.

Well if people would just tell me I wouldn't have to fucking ask.

"The situation with the Russian mafia is beyond serious. They have always been our biggest enemy, searching for any opportunity to weaken our mafia. Killing you would mean starting a war based off of revenge which could lead to a mistake, making us vulnerable. Even of it was for a split second, the Russians would use that weakness and do everything they can to destroy us. In regards to your mother, I have no idea." I could see his stress and frustration grow as he said those words allowed. It was as if saying them meant that he would have to realise how severe this all is.

Taking all he said in, I come to a conclusion that I know he will disagree with; frankly he has no choice.

"I will help." I look him dead in the eye.

"Like hell you will." He almost yells.

"I know my mother better than anyone, if she is working with the Russian I am the only person who has any hope of getting information out of her. Besides it is me they are after, I am definitely capable with using a gun, knifes, fighting; all of it." I enlighten him. He really has no choice, I am doing this.

"I told you fucking no." He spits trying to scare me into backing down.

"Unfortunately, you have no fucking choice. My mind is made up and there is nothing you can do to change it." I mirror his tone.

"Fuck me. You are just as stubborn as your mother." He sighs in frustration rubbing his forehead.

Standing from my chair, I exit his office; leaving no room for negotiation.