20]Silence

The next two weeks passed by. Lorenzo and I hardly looked at each other, let alone talk. Days later after out fight, he was back to having his regular routine of alcohol, drugs, hookers, killing and torturing. Where as I spent my time drinking, listening to Alejandro's bullshit, listening to Carmen's bullshit and searching for the memory stick El Chapo fucking hid from me. The fact that he won't let me see what else is on there is very suspicious to me, especially when that file is about me and my almost forced marriage, so I have a right to know. Although, bloody father dearest has a different idea, and it's not like I can sweet talk Lorenzo into telling me where it is for obvious reasons. That only leaves me with two more options.

One - I threaten Alejandro by blocking his drug supply.

Or

Two - Sweet talk Ruby into telling me where it is.

Which shouldn't be too hard considering my mother is Raquel Gomez (A.K.A this biggest manipulative bitch in the world)and that I'm his beloved sister who has been missing for the past eighteen years. The idea of Raquel makes me sick; I hate that I'm her daughter, I hate that she was going to marry me off into the Russian mafia, I hate that my whole life she brainwashed me into believing my father was a monster when in reality even  the devil is an angel compared to her. But most of all, despite how cruel she is, I hate the fact that I still love her. Why do I love her? She clearly doesn't give a shit about me, she never did.

Great, now I'm lying upside down on the sofa ignoring Tommy Shelby on the TV because of my mother. How dare she interrupt my moment with Thomas Shelby.

"What the fuck are you doing?" A deep voice asks.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" I ask back rolling my eyes.

"If I knew what you were doing, I wouldn't have asked." He doesn't put up much of a fight, sounding exhausted. Maybe next time don't stay up drinking, smoking and fucking one of your hookers. I don't answer him, instead I continue to keep my eyes focused on Peaky Blinders. Lorenzo's footsteps exit the room leaving me alone again, finally I can watch my comfort show in peace. Although minutes later, the footsteps return followed by a dip in the sofa next to me; neither of us say anything forcing tension to suffocate the room.

Three episodes go by in complete silence, I move and sit up on the sofa as I was getting light headed from laying upside down. Suddenly, a huge body comes charging towards me, lifting me up and over the back of the sofa, tackling me to the floor.

"Don't worry Lea, I'm back. No need to panic anymore, your life is complete again." Picasso shouts keeping me pinned to the ground. I don't think I've ever been so grateful to see Alejandro. Although that isn't exactly what comes out of my mouth.

"Picasso, get the hell off of me before I knee you in the balls again." In a flash, Alejandro scatters off of me, before calling me a bitch and storming over to Lorenzo.

Carmen walks into the room with her arms crossed, a sense of guilt washes over me when I see her. Her eyes never meet mine worrying me, she seems off, not her usual confident self. Does she know? Oh my god, she knows! How does she know? She hates me! Carmen warned me not to sleep with Lorenzo - and what did I do? I slept with Lorenzo.

"Are you okay, Carmen?" Carmen nods her head but her eyes never meet mine. What have I done?

——————————

A few hours later we're all sat around the dinning table about to have dinner, well most of us. Ruby decided to ditch us to spend time with Maya, actually thinking about it, when am I going to meet the famous Maya Delgado? It's not fair that everyone else has met her but not me; It's not my fault I've been missing for eighteen years.

Once the food is brought out, everyone fills their plates with food before tucking in.

"So what did you two get up to while we were away?" Ronnie asks beaming at Lorenzo and I, her question throws me off guard causing me to choke on my water.

"Nothing much."Lorenzo replies nonchalantly, whilst I'm anything but.

Wow Lea, just choke on your water and have a coughing fit that totally won't make you look suspicious.

Shut up you bitch, I'm busy dying here.

Everyones attention was drawn straight to me, all giving me baffled looks due to the scene I caused, except for Carmen. Not once has she said or looked at me since she got back. Well if she didn't know before she definitely knows now thanks to my choking. When Ronnie asks if I'm okay, I tell her I'm fine and that the water went down the wrong way.

For the rest of dinner, we had to listen to Alejandro's fish and baby theory; apparently babies remind him of fish. Don't ask me why I stopped listening after the words 'baby' and 'fish'.

——————————

After dinner, I decide now is the time to sweet talk El Chapo into telling me the truth, not that I'm expecting it to work, I might as well try and find out.

Once I reach his office, I knock twice on the door before I hear him giving me permission to enter; not wasting any time I proceed straight to the chairs in front of his desk and take a seat.

"Qué quieres, Lea?"(What do you want Lea)He asks with his head still buried deep in his paper work.

"Dame el palillo."(Give me the memory stick)I demand folding my hands on the desk in front of me. This grabs his attention in a matter of seconds, almost perplexed by my request, but quickly recovers.

"There is nothing on there that concerns you."He dismisses me like I'm a child.

Excuse me? What the fuck does he mean 'there is nothing on there that concerns me' that whole file is about me and the marriage I was about to be forced into. The whole thing is my concern.

"Bullshit!"I snap, slamming my hands on the desk, "Everything on that file concerns me, especially the part about my own mother agreeing to marry me off to some Aleksei Sokolov." As soon as that name leaves my mouth, my father's face turns to pure rage.

"Mind your own pissing business Lea! I said it doesn't concern you, so it doesn't fucking concern you.!" He roars, punching the desk as he jumps out of his chair. Despite his anger, I don't flinch, I don't move - instead I look him dead in the eye, arms folded across my chest and me face empty of emotion. Time for a Raquel Gomez specialty - manipulation.

"My whole life I have been lied to, I was always told it was for my own good, that it doesn't concern me, that I'm better off not knowing. Yet, every single time it's the opposite, people die, people get hurt and all because of these lies. I'm sick of it. Poe favor padre no me mientas también."(please father don't lie to me as well)I sound pathetic, it makes me sick, but needs must. For a moment we stay in complete silence until that silence is broken by a snarky laugh.

"Lea mi hijo, do you honestly think you can manipulate me, a mafia don into giving you the memory stick. But I must say if I had a heart that speech would have been very touching. Better luck next time mi hijo."(my child) The more he smirks at me the more my temper rises, and he knows it. Although I take a deep breath and managed to control myself, barely but I do it.

"Fine, I'll find out myself, I always do." With that a get up and leave his office.

********************

I know, I've been gone a while, but I'm back. We'll see for how long😂. Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Until next time - N