1.0 foes

Chapter 1-foes

(meaning: enemies)

     "Danialla, you are going to put on a dress and that was final!" Danialla’s mum told her. The young girl growled and went back to her room.

     Today she was going to the river with her best friends, Al Bollinfin and Tracae Kiesh. Tracae was a centaur and Al was a faun. Daniallla was a maenad (also known as a faun) and Telmarine mix. She had gotten more genes from her mum, who was Telmarine.

     Danialla was different from other Narnian girls. She hadn’t liked wearing flowy dresses or talking about gossip with cheap tea, she didn’t like fancy things and wished to get married. She was more adventurous and brave, loved to read and cause mischief, climb trees and play sword fight. Many young girls looked up to her, as girls her own age thought that she was being immature. They gossiped and teased every now and then about her. That’s why she had become such good friends with boys.

     "Go get on the regular," she heard a voice and quickly turned over to where the sound came from. There was her brother, Derek.

     She smiled, "Really?!" the girl asked happily. He nodded. She thanked him and got on her black trousers, a flap t-shirt, and a black vest. She loved wearing these types of outfits rather than dresses.

     She quietly went out of the house and met Al up in Tracae 's cabin. She flopped down beside him.

     “Finally, what took you so long?" Al told her. She then slapped his arm.

     "Mum was telling me to wear a dress, but I changed real quick. Why can't mum just understand, I don't like wearing dresses? It’s rubbish!" Danialla complained. Al chuckled.

     "You'll have to wear them once you turn thirteen." he informed her of Narnian culture. Once the girls turn thirteen, they have to stop goofing around and do womanly things, while wearing dresses. Though, they still have more freedom than what they have at fifteen.

     "Oh be quiet," her groan told him that she didn’t want to talk about the upcoming events, just then Tracae came out. The girl placed her hands over her face, with her elbows onto her knees. She doesn’t want to think about what’s going to happen in a month. Many Narnian girls are happy about this time of their lives, but Danialla wasn't because of the rules that she’ll have to follow, which she doesn’t like the idea of doing.

     "Well, are you ready to go?" he asked. Orieus was his father, which was the commander by Aslan, which also meant, half of the girls or more wanted to court him, which means that Danialla has to deal with girls gossiping about him at village picnics, which meant that Danialla may or may not have punched a few girls before. Danialla hated romance, as what the Narnians say, fancy and courting.

     "Yep, get me out of here," the girl replied plainly. The boys looked at each other, giving each other a loud sigh. She’s always hated that when they pick on her about her Narnian ‘manly’ things, she was always moody afterwards.

     "Okay," Al replied. They started walking to the river. It's starting to warm up, so they knew that the prophecy was coming true. A few flowers were starting to poke out of the ground, which Danialla smiled warmly about.

     "I can't believe the White Witch's powers are dying. For our whole lives, it's been cold." Tracae said happily. Tracae was always the most positive one out of the group. Al tried to make it positive, but could add negativity afterwards. And Danialla? Well she thought of the positive in her mind and then went to a dark place with her imagination. Guessing random things.