22.0 basio

Means in latin - kiss

Over the two weeks, the Selection ball was going to take place that night. It was a time for families of all fifteen Selected to go and celebrate the moments of the king's love. Peter had it, and so would Edmund. Speaking of Edmund, he hadn't spoken to the half-faun since the two had been in the armoury. He kept wondering about going and asking her if she wanted to continue her sword fighting lessons, but Koa was also present in the castle. The Selection would go to a close at the end of that upcoming month if Edmund hadn't announced a claim to a wife. The Pevensies were well aware that Edmund was down about Danialla's shunning over the week, and the women in the family also knew that Danialla wished not to interfere with Edmund's Selection. The eldest sibling knew why Danialla had been absent from the events with them, but he doubted the others had not figured it out yet. He actually hadn't even talked to the girl, but he knew from the passing moments that something had changed in the girl. Peter, of course, knew about the events in the armoury. Edmund had told him a few days after the events because it was bothering him a lot.

Danialla refused to attend the ball, so in the end, Peter went to her room to speak to her. The girl was reading a book when the king knocked on the door. The girl let out a huff, believing that it was one of the court councils to tell her that she was required to attend again. "Please just tell the High King that I'm feeling ill and shouldn't attend!"

Peter let out a chuckle after hearing his friend's words. The things that the girl would do to get out of a ball. Peter opened the door and raised his eyes at the girl. "You should know that I wouldn't believe that for one second."

Danialla glanced up from her book to the boy. She closed her book and placed it on the desk beside her, "Sorry."

Peter sat on her ceddar chest and looked at the girl. "Dana, I've known you for six years, I would've known."

Danialla started to fiddle with her fingers before speaking, "I'm just not interested in attending tomorrow."

"This isn't about the ball, is it?" Peter spoke quietly. Danialla nodded her head. "You're like my little sister, you can tell me."

The girl took a few seconds before she could wrap her mind around how to tell the boy the thoughts that consumed her over the last two weeks. Peter looked at the girl, feeling that he knew what was to be said.

Danialla looked at the boy who has been a brother figure to her since her own brother passed away. She let out a large sigh before speaking, "I've discovered some feelings that I wish I didn't have."

Peter only nodded, holding back a grin from forming on his lips, "Edmund."

The girl looked up at the boy surprised before nodding. It was silent for a few moments before Peter let out a small chuckle. Danialla rose her eyes at the boy, "What?"

Peter only shook his head, "Dana, you do realise that it only took you two years!"

Danialla seemed to not understand the oldest Pevensie's words. Peter just smiled, "Dana, the two of you are head over heels for one another."

This triggered the girl's emotions, "What? No! Ed does not like me like that."

Peter raised his eyes, "And how do you know that, my friend? And Ed?" Danialla knew very well that Peter was going to tease the girl often now because of his discovery. She knew that she couldn't argue with him about it because of him being like a sibling.

Peter stood up and went to her wardrobe. "What are you doing?"

Peter grinned, "Finding a dress that will definitely make Edmund tell you his feelings tonight."