MEMORY

I'm still in the same room. The machine is still humming. Blanket and Boombox still staring at me as well as the lady from the other time and the doctor looking at me quizzically.

"Who are you?"

"I'm doctor Choi. You're at Norman Jung Hospital. You were.."

"And you?" I turned to Blanket and Boombox cause obviously that's not they're names. They looked at each other then at doctor Choi.

"Do you know where you are?"

"Yeah you just said Norman Jung Hospital and you're doctor Choi."

"Do you remember why you're at the hospital?"

"Well.." I paused. Nothing comes to mind.

"And you're name?"

I looked back at Blanket and Boombox then back to Doctor Choi.

I let out a nervous laugh.

"You're asking really hard questions. Do I have amnesia? Wow! How can I know what amnesia is but don't know my own name and what happened before this. Are you kidding me?!"

I'm starting to get frustrated and I looked at Blanket and Boombox whose faces have dropped, their mouths wide open, not sobbing and crying anymore.

"They must be my parents huh? Funny I even know WHAT parents are but I don't know WHO they are!"

I'm catching my breath, letting out air more than I take in. I try to take a deep breath to calm myself but the thought of having lost my memories really scared me and somehow grieved. Funny, cause I don't even know what I lost. It just confuses me how one loses their memory. Wait can I still read? Can I write? Am I illiterate now? What was I like before? What did I do? What happened to me? I looked at my arms, my legs and head. I wasn't bandaged up or anything so I wasn't hurt.

"Why? What happened?" I hear myself yell out.

I start to get light headed.

"You need to calm down for a bit. We don't want you to exert yourself. This should help." Gesturing to the syringe that the nurse is putting in on my drip.

I fell asleep again.