one

____

____

anchor beach charter high school, in san diego, a high school close to the beach to where blake miller spends most of his time at, if he's not around the adams-foster household due to the fact that his father is never home to spend time with him.

ever since his mother died when blake was five, blake had noticed his father disappearance most nights where noah wouldn't come home, staying at the police station in his office not wanting to be in a household for too long what reminded him so much of his deceased wife.

blake hadn't taken his mother's death easy too, with the boy constantly getting into fights whenever someone seemed to mention anything about his mother, and ditching most of the school day to spend it at the beach close to his high school.

sometimes jesus accompanying him or mariana who could calm the boy down in seconds, without her even doing anything but her presence helping blake calm down.

"blake, hi honey,"

lena adams-foster smiled at the boy she called her son who really wasn't her son, "hi," blake took his normal seat next to jesus when he sees a girl who he didn't even notice sitting there, "hey, i'm blake,"

the girl looks at blake's outstretched hand and charmingly smile, lena knowing the reason why her daughter was so smitten with jesus's best friend, "who's this? he is the real son?"

blake furrowed his eyebrows moving his hand back, looking at lena then to his friends, "uh no," blake answered himself, "i am blake miller, my dad's the police chief—"

mariana looked at callie, "him and his dad live next door in the big white house, but blake spends most of his time here, since his dad is always working," blake looked down to his empty plate as mariana said that, "sorry," the girl said making a face to blake.

"ah," callie looked at blake who looked back at callie with slight confusion, "so you're rich-rich?" mariana and jesus stifled out a laugh as blake half smiled, "uh yeah, basically,"

brandon comes into the room after callie excuses herself wanting to go to the bathroom, coming back to where blake nod his head at his best friend's older brother, "uh who's this?" brandon questioned looking at his mama, "oh, this is callie,"

lena stated putting a hand onto brandon's shoulder, "she's going to be staying with us for a little while," the male nods his head, "oh, okay, staying with us, um, nice to meet you,"

callie looked at lena, "what about him?" lena furrowed her eyebrows, "what?" callie then looked to lena, "how'd you get him?" she asked.

mariana and jesus sitting beside their best friend, "the 99 cent store? i mean, they have everything there,"

lena chuckled, "um, brandon is my partner stephanie's biological son from her previous marriage,"

as lena finishes, stef comes into the room, "hi, honey," the female police officer sets down her keys, "hi, it smells great, mm lasagna, delicious, thank you,"

callie watched as they kissed, "hi, babies!" stef smiles seeing blake there, "hi sweetheart," she looked at him, "i saw your dad," blake nods his head, "doing another nighter at work?" stef nods her head at what blake said.

jesus then turned to where callie looked at them, "what? nobody told you our mom's a cop?"

mariana looked at her mom, "see, this is why no boys ever want to come over," stef a looked at mariana, "as it should be," she stated to her daughter with blake eating his lasagna, "so, you're dykes,"

callie looked at them, "they prefer the term people, but, yeah, they're gay," blake commented coming quick to defend them.

callie looked at stef then to brandon, "and he's the real son," blake ran his hand over his brunette hair hearing stef laugh, "and who's this?"

lena and stef excused themselves from the kitchen to have a private conversation with blake eating the delicious lasagna.

blake finished his food, washing his plate and cup, fist bumping jesus and hugging mariana goodbye waving his hand to brandon and callie coming out of the kitchen to where stef and lena are still talking, "sorry to interrupt,"

lena and stef looked at him, "you're going? are you sure you don't want to sleep around, sweet?" blake shook his head, "it's okay, i should get home anyways, don't wanna give ali a heart attack," the two women nod their heads, "okay, goodnight,"

"goodnight,"