nine

____

____

game night had always been traditional in the miller household when sophia miller was alive with blake and his mother always being on the same team with the youngest miller sat on top of his mother's lap.

"blake!"

noah miller called out his son's name who was currently doing homework in his bedroom tryna get everything done before his dad checked that he was doing his homework, "i'm just finishing my homework!"

the oldest miller male waited until he heard his son's footsteps along with frannie's footsteps seeing the two of them come downstairs, to where noah smiled, "the adams-foster have invited us over for game night, do you wanna go?"

blake blinked looking at his dad, "are you sure? am i still grounded?" noah nods his head, "you are still grounded, but it's game night, and i know how much you love game night,"

the youngest miller male smiled, "thank you dad," blake embraced his father who was surprised by the sudden hug, but loved it either way as he hadn't held his son in his arms for a long time, "i love you son,"

blake looked at his father after the two of them pulled back, with blake grabbing his jacket from the coat rack, "i love you too dad,"

the three millers made their way towards the adams-foster household where noah nods his head at his family's security guards who stand outside of the miller household making sure no one came and tried to do something to harm them in any way.

lena adams-foster opened the door to her house smiling seeing the three millers in there, "hey guys, noah, come on in," she lets the three of them in with mariana coming downstairs looking at her best friend with a look.

blake furrowed his eyebrows when mariana takes his hand leading him some part private in her house, "whoa, what's wrong?" mariana turned now facing her best friend, "are you and bella dating?"

the miller male furrowed his eyebrows confused on where this question came from, "what?" mariana crossed her arms over her chest, "are you and bella williams dating?"

"no, no!"

blake looked around, "no, i am not dating bella williams, she's my coach's daughter," mariana ran a hand through her hair, "why? why do you think that?"

she lets out a breath, "cause i heard some whispers," he looked down at her, "why didn't you come and ask me, i would've told you if i was dating anyone, you know that,"

blake said with a frown on his face, "i just saw you talking to her and then you put your arm around her, i just—" blake touched his best friend's shoulder, "i was offering her a lift since she was waiting for her dad, and i know how long lacrosse practice goes on for whenever we have upcoming games, i didn't wanna make her sufffer through that,"

mariana nods her head, "okay," he looked into her eyes, "i'd tell you who am i dating, if i was dating someone but i'm not—" blake stated to her, "good,"