Stranger [Part One]

[What was supposed to be a fun night out ends with a phone call to Marc. Now, the phone's dead, and a stranger beat Marc to the chase.]
[Word Count: 1483]

[There will be a Part Two to this imagine, as I wrote over my intended word count, my apologies!]

[🌙 This one shot contains slight swearing, the insinuations of a drugged drink, and dangerous and uncomfortable situations. 🌙]
***
"Hey, are you excited?" My friend Annie questioned as we approached the entrance to a well-known bar in our area. It had been a while since I had enjoyed a night out, as work and other priorities always seemed to work against me, and prevented me from going.

I smiled as she embraced my arm, giggling as she normally did when she was ecstatic. "Yeah, yeah. I'm just going to have one drink though."

"Aw, really? You don't want to get totally hammered with me?" She whined, jutting out her glossy lips as if that expression would convince me to change my mind.

"I'm serious, Annie. One of us has to be the designated walker, as we didn't arrive in a car."

She sighed and pulled the handle of the bar open enough for both of us to enter the dimly lit drinking establishment. We waltzed through the door and were met by a homely atmosphere.

There, to my surprise, were many patrons inside. There was some genre of music playing in the background, but the commotion of the gathering drowned it out. Every bar stool was filled, and there was hardly any standing room to order drinks.

Annie shrieked and waved to a group of girls on the far side the room, excitingly jumping and hanging off my arm.

"Have you been drinking already?" I probed, unsure of how sober my friend actually was.

"Maybe. I'm going to go say hi to our friends, are you coming to join me?" She asked, tugging on my harm to get me to follow her.

I assisted her and removed her arm from my wrist. "No, that's okay." I said, hoping to assure her. She hadn't told me that the occupancy of our night of 2 was going to be doubled. And she certainly didn't mention that they were going to be women that I didn't exactly get along with. "I don't mind waiting for drinks. Do you want me to get something for you?"

Annie clapped her hands. "Something pretty, please!" Without another word, she sauntered off to meet with the people that she originally planned to in the first place.

I think she added my invitation after the fact she had planned this outing with them.

"Excuse me, sorry...sorry." I muttered, squeezing in between the patrons around the bar counter. I finally made it to the counter itself, feeling slightly out of breath and uncomfortable in the midst of all these people.

"Hey, sweetheart." The handsome bartender said to me, noticing that my order hadn't been taken. "What can I get for you?" He asked, quickly wiping the counter in front of him.

"Um... a Rum and Coke and..." I perused the small menus displaying the specialties for the night, "The Panty Dropper, I guess." The drink looked pretty on the paper, so hopefully that would mean the world to Annie.

"Sounds good! Our Panty Dropper is a bit strong, just to warn you beforehand."

"Oh, no," I laughed, "the Rum and Coke is mine. My friend wanted a drink to 'look pretty', so I just ordered the first one I saw." I admitted honestly.

"Yeah, no worries! People have their preferences. Can I see your ID?" He asked, leaning in to gaze at the card that I had prepared for him. "Perfect, you're good to go. Just give me a minute, sweets."