16

Standing in front of a huge company, Xixi was flabbergasted. Her friend was very lucky this time. She got a big shot dancing in her palms as soon as she came here. Now she's excited to meet this big shot and figure out why her friend wanted to get away from him. The security immediately welcomed them and Lu Jian's subordinate escorted them to the office.

"Ah? Where are we going?" Shasha was confused as it was not the way to Lu Jian's office. "Madam, Boss is in the meeting room"
Shasha nodded. The subordinate knocked on the door and opened it for them to enter.
As soon as they entered, Lu Jian immediately stood and met Shasha taking her in his arms and kissing her forehead. He didn't even bother with the people watching them.

Xixi was not the only one who was shocked, even the man at the corner stood up with an expression like he saw a ghost. He never imagined in his entire life that this cruel friend of his would have a gentle side of him. He ofcourse calmed down and stared at Xixi. He just had a hunch they'll met again. He grinned and approached her.

"Its nice to meet you, I'm Kyle." he politely extended his hand. Xixi has not yet digested what had happened. Seeing that Xixi doesn't have any reaction he put down his hand not feeling embarrassed at all.
"You're that guy who gave back my phone!" Shasha was the first to react seeing that he was the guy back at the mall. Kyle just smiled and gave a grin towards Lu Jian. "So she's the woman that got you busy huh?" He extended his hand to shake hands with Shasha but Lu Jian slapped it shocking Kyle. "That's so rude of you Jian" he acted as if hurt but laughed it off after wards.

Lu Jian realized that the reason the voice on the phone was familiar is because it's his friend. It made him kind of speechless and had the urge to slap himself back then for being paranoid. He already saw that Kyle is interested on his wife's friend so he didn't bother with him anymore and faced Xixi in arms with his wife. "Hello, I am Shasha's fiance, Lu Jian"
Xixi came back to reality after hearing him talk. She extended her hand and smiled. "I'm Wei Xi" they shake hands like they are having negotiation meanwhile Kyle is upset that he was treated like air when he offered his hand.

"It's almost lunch, why don't we go out to eat?" Kyle offered seeing that no once spoke after that. "Oh, no need to go out, I'll just cook for us in Jian's kitchen" Shasha pushed Lu Jian aside and held Wei Xi to led the way. Lu Jian frowned but didn't say anything as he followed out. Kyle was surprised and a little envious that his friend found a treasure but let's see how worthy that treasure is after tasting her food.

   "Are you from a foreign country? I noticed you've got some accent" Kyle persistently talked with Wei Xi while waiting for Shasha to finish cooking since Lu Jian forced himself to the kitchen while they we're at the living room.
"Yes" Wei Xi was not interested in conversing with him, she doesn't like how jolly he was. Talkative people are what she hated the most. She was actually wondering how Shasha said she'd cook. She is kind of baffled by her since the Shasha she knows is too lazy to even cook and they look kind of harmonious, why would she want to leave? Was it just her misconception?

"We're done, let's eat" after some time of awkward silence and Kyle only talking without getting reply so he was relieved that they were going to eat. As they entered the kitchen, they were surprised to see foreign food served. Shasha was cautious enough to cook American food so Wei Xi won't be that suspicious about how she was able to cook lots of Chinese food if ever.
"Damn Jian, you lucky bastard"

Beloved readers long time no update 😅, I was busy these past months so I'm sorry if I was not able to update for so long. This might be on hiatus since exam is near. See you on the next update 😙 love love 💕💕

           You may want to check my other stories that you may like.