Chapter 8: Goblet of Fire

"Love, are you ready?" Severus asked knocking on my chamber door.

I looked at myself once more in the mirror. I wanted to try out tight curls and I was a bit self conscience about it. My hair looked a few inches shorter this way but still long. Picking up my wand I opened the door.

"Does it look bad? Be honest," I said nervously covering my face with my hands.

Severus let out a chuckle and removed my hands from my face kissing my lips sweetly.

"I love it. You look lovely." Severus told me.

"Promise? You aren't just saying that, right?" I asked.

"I am a straight forward man. You know that. If I didn't like it I would have told you." Severus told me nicely.

I laughed. That was true. He was strait forward.

"Okay, then yes I am ready." I answered closing the door behind me.

Severus and I didn't hold hands in school. He wasn't used to that because of the students and I understood perfectly. So we just walked side by side together. We reached the Grand Hall and took our seats. Dumbledore introduced the first school - Beauxbatons. The all girl school came in dancing. We watched entertained. I couldn't help but smile. The boys were watching with great interest at the very pretty girls. But the Hogwarts girls looked merely interested hiding their fuming jealousy at the fact the boys were all drooling over the Beauxbatons girls. I understood the feeling perfectly well. Back at our times I was in the girl's places. I remembered the similar uninterested looks, slapping of the boyfriends who watched them with desire and all the eyes rolling. It was typical of teenagers.

But the tables turned soon. Durmstang walked in with their tall, handsome boys. The boys now muttered unhappily while the girls awed at them. Once again, very common. The Durmstang's boy's performance was very well executed but my eyes fell on Victor Krum - the Belgium seeker but later quickly moved to Igor Karkaroff. I glanced over at Severus who looked tense as he and Igor stared at each other. I put my hand on Severus' thigh under the table. He looked at me and I smiled sweetly at him. He put his hand on top of mine and kept it there. I turned my attention back to the students to see Igor staring at me. I nodded to him and he nodded back. I wasn't sure if he suspected me like most people. We were just acquaintances.

The dinner continued and Severus whispered to me,

"He is afraid."

I looked curiously at Severus and asked,

"Who?

"Igor. You can see it in his eyes." Severus said as his eyes were fixed on Igor.

"Well why would he?"

"The mark, it's burning." Severus told me looking at his plate now.

I didn't say anything. I didn't know what to say. But I did look at Igor and caught his eye. I stared into them and sensed his fear. I looked away to see a Moody drinking something from his flask. He shook his head at the taste and shrugged my shoulders. That was Moody for you.

It was after the dinner when Severus and I left together. We were greeted by Igor.

"Stacey, Severus." Igor wished.

"Hello Igor," I replied smiling.

"Severus did you ...? Can I speak to you privately?" Igor asked nervously looking at me.

"She knows about the mark burning." Severus answered.

Igor looked at me but I couldn't read his face at all.