Chapter 22: Order of the Phoenix

"Do you miss him?" Sirius asked. I watched him put a record into the francophone as it began to play softly around us. Andrew was with the other children playing or reeking havoc in other places. "Severus?"

"I do," I admitted. Sirius sat beside me, resting his arm behind me on the couch. "Why do you insisting on asking everyday?"

"Curious," He replied. That was such a lie. I saw that he had ulterior motives in asking but I didn't provoke him to explain them. "So, now what?"

"Now? Not sure anymore," I mumbled. "I can't believe there's going to be another war ..."

Sirius caught my hand in his playing with my fingers in between his own. "Me neither ... Remember, when we used to dance?"

I nodded. "All the time. We'd drive Remus, Peter, Lily and James insane. The entire common room to be quiet honest."

He smirked coyly at me with that boyish grin on his face. Sirius extended his hand to me and asked, "May I have this dance?"

"You're lucky. This happens to be my favorite song," I teased, taking his hand as we got up.

Sirius winked. "I remember."

It honestly was. I remember the first time I heard this song was when Amber, Rose and I snuck out of our common rooms and slept in the Astronomy Towers to watch the stars. We had taken the small radio with us so that we could listen to music as well.

I loved to dance and so did Sirius. We always danced. Our hands were intertwined as Sirius pulled his age old trick of drifting his hand lower from where it was on my back. Despite how many years passes, he was still himself. I chuckled and warned, "Sirius. Up."

"Worth a shot," He laughed, retreating his hand. So many memories came back to me. Memories, I treasured more than anything in this world. Though my Hogwart years proved to be exceedingly difficult in terms of my family life, it was also perfect. I loved Hogwarts and all the amazing friends I had made. "What's going on in that mind of yours?"

"Hogwarts."

Sirius threw his head back slightly, thinking back to those days. "Best days ever. Easily." He looked down at us as we danced. "We were always amazingly talented at this."

"Talented? I'm pretty sure we had two left feet!" I laughed.

"I'm pretty sure it was because we insisted on dancing on furniture!"

"Ah the amount of make out sessions we ruined!"

We both laughed at that memory. I met his coal eyes and smiled. They were always filled with happiness. An emotion so many of us have forgotten over the trying years. But not Sirius. We swayed gently through the beat, not going any faster because that's when we got untalented. My fingers played with curly hair as I so often did.

"Sirius! Stacey!"

The flung open, startling me. We pulled away, our cheeks both turning a bright red. Bill watched us as a cheeky smile appeared on his face. "Oh. Sorry to interrupt!"

Bill winked at Sirius who exchanged proud looks like a boy who got snogged for the first time. I shook my head grinning as I asked, "Bill, what is it?"

"Oh right! It's Harry -"

The emotions changed instantly. Sirius became tense as he stepped forward and questioned, "What's wrong?"

"He was attacked by dementors. They are going to get him back right now. We're having a mandatory meeting when they back! Oh .. and Severus is here," Bill explained. As he said that, the tall, dark man appeared at his side and watched Sirius with murder in his eyes.