Chapter 9: Darkness of the Orb

Dinner was almost over but I hadn't eaten a thing. I just downed countless glasses of pumpkin juice. Severus leaned over and whispered,

"You have to eat something. You haven't eaten all day!"

"I don't want to eat cause my nerves will get the best of me and I will puke!" I told him tapping my fingers on the table.

"Alright, I am done eating. What to leave early or stay here?" Severus asked me.

"Oh please can we leave?" I asked him.

Severus nodded and we got up. Severus told Dumbledore about my nerves and we were excused. I quickly entered the hallways and patiently waited for Severus to catch up with me. He came out and I hugged him.

"What do you think will be in it?" I asked softly as he held me.

"People you love. The people you love are the only ones who can truly hurt you." Severus answered as we pulled away.

I swallowed hard and we walked to Dumbledore's office. We entered and Severus sat down pulling me onto his lap. As I sat on his lap I took out the orange box and looked at the orb. Dumbedlore walked in moments later and smiled at us. I got off Severus' lap and stood beside him.

"You didn't have to get up Stacey," Dumbledore said standing in front of his desk.

"I know it's just that. You're like resemble my father in a way and I wouldn't want to be sitting on his lap with my father around. That would just be awkward." I replied blushing.

Dumbledore chuckled softly,

"Alright, alright. Lets begin." He said smiling.

I gave the box to Dumbledore and took off my teachers robe. Underneath I was wearing a light blue dress that flowed to my knees. The waist had a blue ribbon around it and the dress had short sleeves. It was simple yet very pretty. I placed my robe down near Severus and looked at Dumbledore.

"So what do I do?" I asked.

"When you hold the orb it will cling to your hand. It won't remove until I take it off, or Severus. You won't use magic to fix the problems. You will use your mind to block out the images and make it happy." Dumbledore said.

I nodded and held out my hand.

"Severus, you can't help her. I know it will be hard. It may sound as of she is receiving the cruciatus curse but you mustn't do anything." Dumbledore said to him.

"Then how will we know if she is not actually screaming for help?" Severus asked.

"We will start off with 5 minutes. It won't hurt her physically and we won't let her hurt herself." Dumbledore replied but not answering his question.

I wondered why but didn't question. Dumbledore places the orb in my hand and it clipped on. I was taken away.

I was now in a circular room and it went pitch dark. I heard something behind me and I turned to see Walden. Fear took over me and I backed up hitting a wall behind me. He came to me and repeated what he did to me that day but worse. I screamed horrified but no one came to help me. I forgot it wasn't real. I cried harder trying to rip his hands and lips on me but my efforts didn't make the slightest difference.

"Wheres that boyfriend of yours? Hm?" Walden whispered biting into my neck.

"ARGH ... SEVERUS ... SEVERUS HELP ... GET HIM OFF ME!" I cried.

There was more blood and my body was being invaded. After what seemed like countless minutes he got off me disappeared. I was left gasping still leaning on the wall.