Chapter 4

After breakfast, all six of us tidied up the living room and kitchen. It was then that the horrific fact dawned on us: the other boys had to leave now.

We were all huddled in the foyer, clasped together in a group hug, the boys' duffel bags at the edge of the door.

"Its not fair!!!" Louis wailed. "Niall gets to keep you!" He buried his face into my shoulder.

"Niall, we hate you!" Zayn stated, deadpan.

"This is a severe travesty of justice," Liam chimed in, rubbing my back.

"Shut up, you morons!" Harry said.

"Aren't you going to miss her as well?" Niall asked.

"Of course, but I have good news!" he said.

"What?" I asked from the middle of the clump.

"My parents have graciously offered up the beach house in the States for our annual summer getaway."

The other five of us erupted into cheers.

"When?" we all asked.

"The entire month of July," he replied.

More cheering.

On that joyful note, the guys all kissed me on the cheek and left Niall's flat, leaving Niall and I alone to jump on the couch screaming with excitement.

"This is going to be AMAZING!" we both yelled, wrapping each other in a hug, then collapsing in a tangled lump on the couch, laughing our heads off.

Niall sighed. "I want food now."

"We don't have any more sandwich meat! You ate it all last night!" I said.

"Well go get dressed then! It'll be our first trip to Target together!" we both headed to our bathrooms for showers. Once out, now warm from the water, I threw on some jeans and a blue tee shirt. I was in the process of drying my hair when Niall walked in, wearing jeans and a red tee with his keys in his hands already.

"Darby!" he called over the hairdryer.

"WHAT?"

He unplugged the hairdryer from the wall.

"Hey!" I said, tossing my blown out hair to one side.

"Do you really have to do your hair? We're just going to Target."

"Fine," I mumbled, grabbing a ponytail holder. Once my curls were pulled into a high ponytail, I slipped on some flip flops and walked out to the car with him.

We split the store so that I would pick everything up from the produce section and that he would grab all the snacks. We came out pushing two red carts to his vehicle. Once the trunk and backseat were laden with groceries, we headed home.

I was in the kitchen unloading cans of pasta sauce, thinking Niall was in the living room watching TV, when I heard the refrigerator open.

"No food right now, Niall!" I said.

"No! I was putting it away! I was helping!" he pleaded as I turned around.

He had a jar of peanut butter in his hands.

"Why were you putting the Skippy in the fridge?" I asked.

"Um....because that's where you put it," he replied, eying me.

"No!" I said, shaking my head and laughing. I reached for the jar. "You can't put it in the fridge! It'll get hard and you can't spread it! Fail, Niall."

I put it in the cabinet with the pasta sauce.

"The one time I try to help," he said as he scooted onto his kitchen island.

"You just stick to sitting there entertaining me while I do all the work," I said, putting away the milk and orange juice.

"Works for me," he said, starting to hand me things from one of the white plastic sacks.

Once all of the food was unloaded, I asked what he wanted for dinner.

"Darby," he said, "you know that I will eat anything you make. Like...even if you made me eat toast all month. I would eat it."

I laughed and inspected the fridge. "How's some tacos?"

Niall rolled his tongue and screeched some kind of exclamation in Spanish.

"I'll take that as a yes."