Chapter 24

Everyone was settled in their individual rooms that night. I sat atop my bunk, mindlessly scrolling through Tumblr. It was almost midnight…and I was completely distracted.

Niall was down on his bunk, strumming his guitar and singing “Nobody Compares” softly.

He was perfect.

He was perfect.

He was perfect.

That’s all I was thinking.

Wow….how could this be? I mean it was almost laughable. I never realized how much I loved Niall until I almost let him get away. I guess I just always expected him to be there for me. I’d never been with another guy. Then Connor came along, and Niall wasn’t there anymore. And I wanted him back. More than anything.

So, I texted Harry.

Darby: Hazza, you up?

Hazza: Yeah, why?

I locked my phone, kicked my legs over the edge of the bunk, and jumped down.

Niall stopped strumming and let out a manly yell. (Just kidding. He squealed and sounded like a kicked puppy.)

“WHAT THE ACTUAL HECK, DARBY,” he yelled at me.

“BRB!” I chirped as I sped out the door, down the hall, and to Harry and Zayn’s room.

Zayn was sound asleep, but I could see Harry fiddling with his phone on his bed.

I jumped onto the bed and landed on top of him.

“WHAT THE- DARBY?!”

“Get up.”

“What?”

“Now.”

“Just get under the blanket and we can talk,”

“Nope. UP.”

“But-“

“HARRY EDWARD STYLES-“

“FINE. I’m coming.”

I dragged him behind me into the bathroom and shut the door.