Chapter 14

Hi guys! Not much to say today. Just want to thank you guys so much for all the reads and votes and I would love to have some more comments if you don't mind.

Follow me on tumblr: weloveourcheekyboys.tumblr.com

Keep Reading!!!

****************************************************************************************************

Eleanor was shaping the last of my reddish hair while Zayn and Louis were sitting on Niall's bed. Zayn was beat boxing and Louis was rapping.

"Darby's going on a date-hey! Cuz she's got a really hot date-ow!"

"QUIET!" Eleanor shouted. "I need to focus!"

Niall was leaning against the bedpost. "You have twenty minutes until party time."

"Hurry..." I whined, lightly tapping my foot on the floor.

"Calm down! Almost done!"

Harry, Liam, and Danielle appeared in the doorway.

Their eyes all got wide. Harry's jaw went slack a bit as he tried to find words.

"Whoa......." he said. "Darby...you look.....wow."

"That's what Niall said," I chuckled.

"Who said she was allowed to dress like that?" Liam asked. "Because Daddy did not say yes."

Danielle laughed and hugged Liam. "You look hot, Darbs."

"Well, I could have told her that," Harry said, leaning against the wall.

"Yeah," Louis said. "But all you could get out was 'ohh Darby woowwww....'"

"At least he didn't drool," Zayn added.

"Done!" Eleanor yipped.

I jumped up to check myself in the mirror.

Eleanor had arranged a red bow at the back of my head and I wore a pair of red flipflops to match. I twirled a couple of times just to admire the whole ensemble. I guess the boys' reactions were a good sign.

"Okay," I said. "I'm ready."

They all walked me to the back door. I hugged the girls, then Harry, Zayn, and Lou. When Liam hugged me he said, "Be back by eleven. Or else Daddy's coming to get you."

I laughed and nodded. "Yes, Daddy."

Niall hugged me last. He held me a bit longer than the others. He leaned into my ear and whispered. "Be careful, okay?"

I smiled my answer. Giving him an "always" face.

I opened the door, smiled at them one last time, then left.

But before I could shut it, Harry called, "Don't forget the kiss!"

"WHAT?"

The last comment was caught in the slam of the door.

It was Niall.

He was....angry?

I rushed away from the door before they could realize that I had heard it.

That meant the boys were right. Niall was upset about the whole "Hey I just met you let's flirt" thing I had with Connor.

But why would he be? I mean, we were just friends, weren't we?

Weren't we?

Maybe we were a bit more touchy-feely with each other than most best friends were. But we didn't have actual feelings for each other.

At least I didn't.

I think.

But he didn't either!

 No way.

Did he?

I was coming upon Connor's house now. I shook the thoughts away.

I didn't care. I was meeting a new guy. The first guy I had ever been able to be in a romantic relationship with ever. Yeah, its true, I'd never had a boyfriend. So I wasn't going to let that distract me.

I found Connor quickly. He wore a button down red shirt with khaki board shorts. He looked....perfect. Oh, good Lord! How is it even possible for a human to look that good in a freaking button down? He was...ugh.....he was...

"Darby!"

He was talking to me. Oh crap. Darby, he's waiting for a response!

I smiled and waved, walking over to where he stood around a bunch of people.

"Wow, you look fantastic," he said.

At least he could use proper adjectives.

"Thanks," I smiled.

He addressed his friends, "Guys, I'm going to go hang out with Darby."

I smiled at them as he led me away, his palm pressed against the small of my back.

"I missed you yesterday," he said as we walked across his deck.

"Really?" My cheeks blushed beet red.

"Really."

"Well, I missed you too."

We sat on the edge of his deck, staring out over the water. I did that totally lame thing where I put my hand in between us, letting him know that it was cool if he held it.

And he did.

"You look beautiful," he said.

"You mentioned that."

"Oh. Did I mention that I like you?"

"Not in so many words."

"Well, I do."

"That is a very good development. I appreciate your affection."

"Have I asked you if you like me yet?"

"No, not yet. But I have a strong feeling that you will very soon."

"And if I did, what would you say?"

We were so close together. I could barley breathe.

"I would say yes," I quietly replied.

Our noses touched.

"Would it be crazy to kiss you right now?" he asked. "Given that we just met and all? But I'm having a really hard time resisting it, just to be honest."

"I would seriously love it if you would kiss me right now, Connor."

And with that, his lips met mine.