Chapter 7

Look at me! Actually updating when I'm supposed to! (Don't get used to it.)

Enjoy lovelies!

**************************************************

I ran into the bathroom and changed into a navy/white striped bikini and pulled my hair in to a much better done ponytail. When I came out, Harry was strolling down the hall in green swimming trunks.

"Come on, Love!" he said, taking my hand and pulling me along behind him.

We ran off the back porch into the white sand. The summer sun burned above us and instantly warmed me from head to toe.

I ran towards the water, but was stopped by a boy in bright red trunks.

"Hold up," Louis said in a very "Jersey Shore" voice.

I put my hands on my hips.

"Sunblock," he said, placing an orange tube of the goo in my hands.

"But I want to tan!" I argued.

"You're Irish! You don't tan!" he countered as he gave me a "once-over." "In fact, I think I need some sunglasses just to look at your little albino chicken legs."

I opened my mouth and let out a scoff while he walked away.

Harry appeared beside me. He squirted some of the lotion onto his hand and rubbed it on my face and neck.

"Thanks, hun," I said.

I spread the mixture over my legs and arms, helped Harry, and then ended up having to help Zayn and Niall as well.

"Thanks mummy!" Niall said as I finished rubbing the lotion over his back.

"I thought I was your wife!" I said, tossing the sunblock bottle in the sand.

"Well not right now, woman!" he said, running to the water.

I laughed and started in a jog toward the water, but then I heard Danielle shout:

"DARBY LOOK OUT!"

I turned my head just in time to be tackled by a tall brown-haired boy in cargo shorts and a black tee shirt.

"Holy- oh my gosh, I am so sorry!" he said. I tried to sit up and the stranger helped me.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

I locked eyes with his.

Wow.

He had deep brown eyes and a soft smile. His tanned and toned arms were helping me to my feet. I tried to form a sentence, but I was so mesmerized I couldn't.

"I ah...yeah. I'm fine."

The boy smiled. "Nice accent."

"Same to you," I chuckled.

"I'm Connor," he said. "Uh..sorry about knocking you over. I live just down the beach and I'm late for work." He gestured up the beach where I could see a very large restaurant.

"The Pier," I read one of the many signs. "Sounds cool."

"Its a lot of fun. Especially around summertime. You should come hang out there sometime. You know...and ah...hang out."

"Yeah..." I replied.

"I gotta go, um...I'll see you around,....wait, what's your name?"

"Darby," I replied.

"Well nice running into you, Darby-" he chuckled- "literally."

And with that, Connor was gone.

"Wow..." I whispered to myself.

"He was fine," I heard Eleanor say beside me.

"Absolutely," Danielle agreed.

We heard two more voices clear their throats behind us.

We turned and Liam and Louis were glaring at their girlfriends with their arms across their chests.

"Who is fine?" Louis asked.

"Our amazing boyfriends," Danielle said, stepping toward Liam and hugging him.

"Exactly," Eleanor added, hugging Louis.

The two boys mumbled something along the lines of, "You better believe it," and walked their girlfriends back to the water.

I watched Connor continue down the beach. I could only faintly see him now.

"Connor...." I breathed.