Chapter 5

The next few weeks with Niall were fantastic. We spent the days going to movies, playing some Laser Quest, and seeing just how much we could eat without any cases of nausea.

But the day finally arrived when we were to head off to the States.

At 6 Niall woke me up with his famous "Wake Up Song" (Which was lacking in the whole breakfast thing) and we rushed out the door within a half hour.

We were seated in the first row of the plane, so as not to be seen. The long flight lasted all day, but I slept most of the way.

Niall shook me awake at 6 that evening. I turned to the window and saw the shores below. The Styles' beach house was located in Gulf Shores, Alabama.

Niall and I quickly ran off the plane and collected our luggage. Harry, Liam, and Danielle picked us up holding a colorful sign saying, "Darby Gilbert" rather than "Niall Horan". (That would have attracted unwanted attention, don't you think?)

We dropped our bags and attacked our friends with hugs. Harry and Liam showered my head with brotherly kisses and Danielle and I squealed out how much we missed each other as we hugged.

Liam drove us from the airport in a red mini van. We made it back to the house just as the sun was setting over the beautiful beach. It sat in a quiet little string of homes on stilts along the shore.

When we pulled in the driveway, Niall shouted, "Oh my goodness, look who showed up while you were gone!"

In the driveway sat a yellow car. And on the hood of that car sat his majesty, DJ Zayn Malik.

I jumped out of the van and yelled, "VAS HAPPENIN!?"

The six of us mashed into a group hug that probably  lasted about ten minutes, which was just long enough for a blue convertible to pull into the drive as well.

A certain Doncaster boy stood up in his seat and cheered, "HazzaBear!!"

Louis and Eleanor climbed out of the car and joined our group hug, completing the eight-person ensemble. We all helped carry things into the house and began to divvy up the 4 rooms. Harry was with Zayn, Louis and Liam were with their girlfriends, leaving me to room with Niall.

That night we sat out in the sand by the light of a blazing fire in the small fire pit. The boys rocked out to acoustics of their favorite songs, and as I smiled around at my amazing friends, I knew that this summer was going to be unforgettable.

******************************************************

Yeah, super short, I know. But I was sick all last week and I have a crazy amount of make-up work to do. But I updated just for Kedzie! Love you girl! Might update tomorrow. Hopefully.

Keep reading!