chapter six

july 16th, 2020

alex's pov:

i woke up at 6am so i could be ready for emma to pick me up at 7am. i had a pretty good rest of my night last night, i just watched good mythical morning and some other youtubers. and i packed for today.

i still keep getting twitter notifications of people talking about the coffee cam, everyone just is obsessed with me and weston together. so that's good but also is making me think even more.

now i have to worry about disappointing fans if we don't end up getting together? i know no one should effect how i feel about the decision and that no one deserves to know anything but it's still hard.

i finally stop thinking after 10 minutes of just laying here and decide i definitely need to get ready.

last night i decide i want to vlog some of this trip. so i turn my camera on and walk into the bathroom.

"hey guyssssss" i say as i start washing my face.

"i have been in la for not even a week and i'm already leaving"

"no just kidding, me and emma are gonna go to sf for a few days to just try to chill out and recharge. this move for me has been fine and good but it's just been very draining and honestly stressful. so i just want to get away for a bit" i say then start brushing my teeth.

"i have to be ready in like 30 minutes cause emma's coming at 7 and it's 6:20. all my stuff is pretty much packed but i just need to pack a few of my other things and change" i say after i finish brushing my teeth.

i walk into my room and set up the camera to get some shots of me walking into the closet and choosing clothes.

"i'm gonna wear something comfortable cause i'll be in a car for like 5 hours so i'm gonna probably wear sweats" i say as i'm digging through my drawers.

"but i also want to look put together so i'm gonna do a sweat set" i say as i pull out a green sweatshirt and matching green sweatpants.

i quickly put them on out of the shot and find socks to wear. my hair is somewhat greasy cause i didn't shower so i throw it into a messy slickback bun.

"i bought some snacks last night for us so i'm gonna pack those and maybe have a little snack cause i have like 25 minutes left till she comes" i say as i grab the camera and bring it into the kitchen.

i grab a small tote bag and put the snacks and drinks in there and put it on the island. then i grab my bread out of the cupboard and put it in the toaster.

i walk into my room and grab my packed bags. i bring them into the kitchen and also put them on the island.

my toaster goes off and i grab a plate and the peanut butter.

"i'm just gonna have toast with peanut butter on it cause i'm too lazy to make anything else" i say as i put the peanut butter on the toast.

i walk to a stool at the island and sit down and eat.

"this video will definitely be like very relaxed and less hectic than they normally are by the way. just not much energy" i say after a few bites.

"ive been trying to finish my moving vlog too just haven't had much motivation to edit but it'll definitely be up before this video"

"im just hoping this trip will give me motivation and like get me out of this funk" i say after i finish my toast.

"it's 6:45 now so i'm going to pee then hopefully emma will say she's here early so i can just leave" i say as i throw my paper plate away.

i turn the camera off and go pee. i put on a little extra moisturizer cause my face is dry already then i walk back into the kitchen.

*ring ring ring*

emma-
"hey i'm in your parking garage, are you ready?"

alex-
"hi yes i'm ready, i'll come down right now"

emma-
"do you need help bringing stuff?"

alex-
"no i'll be good, i'll see you in a second"

emma-
"okay YAY i'll see you very soon"

*end call*

i put my camera in its little bag with its chargers and put it in my tote bag. then put my two tote bags on each of my shoulders then grab the tote bag with the food in it and then double check i got everything.

TALK ABOUT TOTE BAGS.

once i got everything i walk down to the garage.

~

"hellooooooo" i say to emma as i find her car.

"HIIIIII" emma says as she comes over and hugs me and grabs the bag with our snacks in it.

"do you want to put the big tote bag in the back?" she asks.

"yeah it's just my clothes, the other one has my like important stuff so i'll just keep it up with me" i say as we put the big bag in the back seat.

we both get into the car and i turn my camera on.

"WE ARE READY TO GO" we scream at the camera.

i decide to turn it off for a minute to just catch up with em for a minute.

"so how are you doing?" i ask.

"good, i'm feeling drained and stressed but i am excited to go see my family and stuff. how are you doing? how's the weston situation going?" she asks.

"i'm also just drained and stressed so i'm hopefully gonna come back like feeling more happy and recharged. the weston thing hasn't really changed. they posted the coffee cam of us though and their fans like love us together" i say looking out the window.

"don't let that affect your decision please. i know pressure from other people makes decisions like even more intense so don't let that happen" emma says as we finally drive out of my apartment complex's giant parking garage.

"i know, i keep telling myself that" i say.

"so what are your current feelings?" emma asks.

"well i love weston. obviously. he's one of my favorite humans and best friends. i think that's why i'm so scared of this risk. just the fear of it ruining our friendship cause to me a friendship is so much more important than a relationship" i say.

"i definitely agree but if you think that wonderful friendship could work as a relationship, i think that's so much better and you just don't know yet" emma says.

"yeah that's definitely true. i dont know i feel like i'll probably say yes and give it a try i just am so scared of anything getting ruined" i say.

"and that's so understandable. just do what you think is right and what you know you can handle. whatever ends up happening, was supposed to happen in the long run" emma says.

"yes you're so right" i say.

we continue driving and vlogging every now and then. then after about an hour of driving i decide to take a nap.

~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

next chapter will be them getting to sf, this one got too long so i'm breaking it up! <3