chapter eight

july 19th, 2020

alex's pov:

it's two days later, we've basically only been surfing, vlogging, eating burritos, reading, saw emma's mom, and a little bit of painting. aka it's been an insanely soothing trip. today we sadly go home.

it's 3:02pm, we decided to not leave till as late as we could so we could take in as much of our last day in sf as we could.

"bye dadddd" emma says as she hugs cp.

"bye em, love you thank you for coming" cp says.

"love you too, thank you for having us" emma says as they pull apart.

"bye dad" i say while laughing as i hug cp.

"bye my second child" cp says while hugging me back and laughing.

"love you thank you for having me" i say as we pull apart.

"love you! you guys come back soon this was so fun" cp says.

"we definitely will" emma says.

we get in the car and start heading back to la.

"how was that for you? do you feel better?" emma asks.

"i honestly feel so much better. tomorrow i'm gonna make sure everything is unpacked, finish my videos, upload them, find the furniture i want to buy, and accept a bunch of the job offers i've gotten" i say talking so fast she probably has no idea what i said.

"that's so good! im glad this trip helped you. maybe we should do this like monthly or something or like every other month" emma says.

"but wait back up, don't totally push yourself away from anyone okay? still hangout and talk to your friends" emma says.

"i know i know. i will i just definitely am gonna be more focused on work and stuff though i just can't like be so stressed about the weston thing right now. i wanna just forget it happened and have things go back to being the same as before we kissed" i say whining.

"then maybe just say that to him, if you don't think you want to pursue a relationship right now i know he will respect that and you know he will too" emma says.

"yeah maybe i'll see if he'll come over tonight to talk" i say.

alex-
hey sue

weston-
hey al what's up? how was your trip?

alex-
it was super good! we had a lot of fun

weston-
that's awesome

alex-
yeah definitely
what are you doing tonight? i get back around 8ish do you maybe want to come over to just like talk and catch up?

weston-
yeah i definitely wanna do that
i can pick us up food too if you want

alex-
ooooo yes please
maybe pizza?

weston-
sounds good
see you then
drive safe in the mean time!

alex-
YAY
and yes we will
love you sue

weston-
love you al

~

it's now 5pm, we've been driving for two hours now and we're stopping to quickly pee and get celsius'.

we both get out of the car and start walking into the gas station.

"hey are you emma?!" we hear someone yell when we walk in.