Fire Boy and Water Girl

Leo panted beside me as I stared down the door. Images of my family filled my head, but I tried to push them aside and focus. Tears still escaped my eyes, but they were now rare and easy to hide as I pushed them away. 

I pushed open the doors, cringing at the loud creak that echoed through the building. Leo opened his mouth to call out but I placed a hand on his arm, shaking my head no. 

We inspected the room from the small area and when I couldn't find Jason or Piper I tightened my hold on Leo. 

"Do you smell that?" he whispered before Pipers voice rang through the room.

"Leo, Medea. Help!" 

We made eye contact and came to a simple conclusion. That wasn't Piper. 

Leo pulled me into a cargo container, gripping his large hammer while I twisted my necklace, turning it to a trident. The voice called out again as Leo inspected the machines: complicated conveyer belts and engines I don't understand.

"Told you it was nothing," a large human-type being spoke. Their voice was deep and gravely and only the sound of it put me on edge instantly.

"Guys, help me! Help—" The second blob called before changing to what I imagined to be it's normal voice. "Bah, there's nobody out there. No demigod could be that quiet, eh?"

"Probably ran away, if they knows what's good for them," the other chuckled. "Or the girl was lying about two more. Let's get cooking."

When an emergency flare struck I felt sick to my stomach, as if I would throw up. Jason and Piper were hung up side down over a fire pit made of a pick up truck.

When I looked at the unconscious boy I instinctually tried to fun forward but Leo restrained me. 

He looked terrible. There was a gigantic welt on his head about the size of my palm. His eyes were rolled into his head and he swung back and forth limply.

I looked to the figures, instantly regretting it. They were two cyclops, looking like siblings. Almost twins.

I felt a twinge in my heart, desperately missing Percy. I attempted to push away the pain, wishing that I had never remembered him at such and inconvenient time.

Leo took off his backpack and unzipped it, earning a confused look from me. I only got a smirk back and crouched down. Looking in his eyes I tried to nonverbally communicate I would help in any way I could.

"Can I take her gag off now?" One cyclops said to a third I just noticed. "I like it when they scream."

When the leader grunted he instantly took off Pipers gag. She took labored breaths, trying to maintain composure. I let go of Leo's arm and slightly leaned forward to get a better look.

He gestured me to follow him and took out an odd remote. He began to unscrew something in the control center of the robotic crane before whispering.

"Head to the other side of the room and when I give a signal create a distraction."

I nodded and watched in horror as Piper tried to convince the cyclopes not to eat her. One of the cyclopes left to get salsa and Leo nodded to me.

"Oh my gods," I said in a flamboyant tone, attempting to mimic how your wine aunt greets you. "Where were you at the last family reunion? You know, everyone was wondering where is ma gasket and you know what I said? I said she's probably taking care of the boys. Speaking of, how are they."

For a moment there was only confusion, then absolute outrage.

"I have no clue what you're talking about!" she yelled. "Who are you?"